What's new

The Best DVD Laser Lens Cleaner? (1 Viewer)

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
I am trying to figure out if there is any real difference in any of the laser lens cleaners that are out there? Can anyone help me out in finding the best one, the one that will clean the best and really help in keeping my DVD players clean and running well. Right now I just use this old CD one that I have.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Why do you think you need one? I've owned CD and laser disc players since they came out and have not once cleaned, or needed to clean, a lens. Lens cleaners are a solution in search of a problem. Many a laser disc player (don't know about cd players) were screwed up big time by use of a lens cleaner.

If you have a real need, I suggest taking your player to a professional and have it done right and with a guarantee.

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Ditto on that comment. I always thought that CD/DVD lens cleaners were just a money grabbing scam to milk the people who don't understand how these devices operate. I have a few first generation CD players, and LD player and several DVD players and have never cleaned any of them.

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
I just assumed it is a good idea to clean the lens every once in a while, Widescreen Reviews setup disc comes with a laser lens cleaner and I don't consider them to be running a money grabbing scam

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
I have to clean mine every few months.

If not I'll start to get green static like blocks when I view dvd's.

The cleaners I have are just a basic cd with a really soft little brush on it to sweep dust off the lens.

I guess it depends on how dusty the area is around your player.....

I also have about he cheapest dvd player in existence, so that is probably part of it too. It was like 100 bucks 3 years ago. Yet surprisingly it supports DTS, plays burned stuff, and has never given me a single problem as long as I keep it clean.

After awhile I'll upgrade to something with a changer so I dont have to get up when watching Lord of the Rings. :)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I use my old CD laser cleaaner on all my players and it does a good job. I see no reason to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks