1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you HTF!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Baird, Sep 3, 2001.

1. David Baird

David Baird Extra

I mistakenly posted a "thank you" in the AVS forums when, in fact, it was here where I learned about mattes. Thanks to your help and ideas, I have been enjoying widescreen movies on my 36-inch Toshiba direct view TV for several months. What a difference the mattes make!! I used Avia to calibrate and then made some foamboard mattes attached with Velcro. The results are amazing!!! Can't bear to watch anything in P&S anymore. And am hoping premium movie channels we receive via DishNetwork will offer more OAR movies. So far, it's mostly AMC and TCM that make these available. A few show up on HBO no and then. Of course, watching our growing collection of DVDs in widescreen is the ultimate. As a 61-year-old is now enjoying home entertainment as it should be enjoyed, thank you HTF for your help, guidance and encouragement. Thought the Yamaha DD 5.1/DTS sound experience was the icing on the cake. Now, I believe it's the mattes! Thank you.
    David Baird
    Catlin, Illinois

2. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    Isn't this a great hobby we have.... Very rewarding and fun!!!
    Wait until you catch the Upgrade Fever......
    It puts a dent in your wallet big time!!! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Thanks,
    Steven R. Simon
    HTF Administrator
    Theater Pics Updated 7-26-2001
    Send Email: [email protected]

3. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

David,
    Nice to see another Home Theater Forum member in the same "neighborhood". Maybe we could get together some time and talk home theater.
    Welcome to the hobby/obsession of Home Theater.