What's new

Thank you HTF!! (1 Viewer)

I mistakenly posted a "thank you" in the AVS forums when, in fact, it was here where I learned about mattes. Thanks to your help and ideas, I have been enjoying widescreen movies on my 36-inch Toshiba direct view TV for several months. What a difference the mattes make!! I used Avia to calibrate and then made some foamboard mattes attached with Velcro. The results are amazing!!! Can't bear to watch anything in P&S anymore. And am hoping premium movie channels we receive via DishNetwork will offer more OAR movies. So far, it's mostly AMC and TCM that make these available. A few show up on HBO no and then. Of course, watching our growing collection of DVDs in widescreen is the ultimate. As a 61-year-old is now enjoying home entertainment as it should be enjoyed, thank you HTF for your help, guidance and encouragement. Thought the Yamaha DD 5.1/DTS sound experience was the icing on the cake. Now, I believe it's the mattes! Thank you.
David Baird
Catlin, Illinois

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Isn't this a great hobby we have.... Very rewarding and fun!!!
Wait until you catch the Upgrade Fever......
It puts a dent in your wallet big time!!!
wink.gif

------------------
Thanks,
Steven R. Simon
HTF Administrator
Theater Pics Updated 7-26-2001
Send Email: [email protected]

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
David,
Nice to see another Home Theater Forum member in the same "neighborhood". Maybe we could get together some time and talk home theater.
Welcome to the hobby/obsession of Home Theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks