What's new

Texas school tells classes to fight back (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061013/...IwBHNlYwMyNzQ3

"BURLESON, Texas - Youngsters in a suburban Fort Worth school district are being taught not to sit there like good boys and girls with their hands folded if a gunman invades the classroom, but to rush him and hit him with everything they got — books, pencils, legs and arms."

Intesting idea - I wonder at what grade they start this? It is a sad testament that they have to do this today. When I was a kid all we had was fire drills...

Which gets me thinking - when they have these drills I feel sorry for the volunteer who has to be the target;

"How was work today honey?"

"Shut up! I got my ass kicked by a mob of fourty 3rd grades ten times in a row - THAT'S how my fucking day was."

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm sure the school district's insurance companies are giddy with the prospect of the increased rates they'll be charging for liability with this kind of advice being handed out. Assuming there are more hostage situations there will be many parents suing over the death or injuries of their child following these instructions.

Why not just give the kids guns so they can shoot the gunman and be done with it? A guy would think twice about trying to intimidate 30 armed youngsters...

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
...this is just scary beyond belief.

What did they figure this tactic was superior by having a 5% casuality rate? Just the thought of children trained to rush towards gun weilding attackers...

What is next...battle royale?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
What is sad is the low life that have nothing to loose get 15 minutes of fame because they are low life and think doing things like this will make them famous. We have a rash of this kind of thing going on because its going to be put on the news, and the scum love to be on TV.
I know i wouldnt just sit and wait my turn. But then again the sad thing is when i was a kid all we had to worry about was the class bully pushing or hitting, not shooting!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I lived in NYC when Columbine happened. We used to joke that shit like that could never happen in a inner city school, the assailant would be dropped by the time he fired a shot :laugh:.

--
H

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

Do you think this would have stopped Columbine or any other spree? You're still thinking rationally about a situation that isn't.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I'd bet a $1000 that this advice originates from a hated principal or teacher.:)

This sort of training assumes that every gun in school is intended to produce a Columbine result. If everyone bum-rushes the perp, the potential for that sort of outcome sure does increase, don't you think?

Todd

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
We're talking about Burleson here. OK, maybe that doesn't mean much to you, but for those of us who live in the area, it does. Suffice to say, the people there are, in many cases, a little strange. The police there came close to accusing my mother of child molestation because she picked up one of my sister's friends from Burleson High School to take her home. This is the same town where the authorities set up a "sting" operation for the purpose of arresting a woman for selling sex toys (one of those Tupperware-party style deals).

Personally, my sense is that this approach isn't any worse than all the others which haven't worked so far. I don't see that it makes much sense to just sit there and let somebody shoot you. We all saw how well the policy of non-resistance worked when applied to airline hijackings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks