What's new

Terrible Buzzing Noise From Receiver....HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Hassan

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
I've got a major problem here people. While playing a game today I heard the worst buzz coming from my HK AVR320. What is really driving me crazy is that this is the second amp that has done this. So now I believe that my circuitry is wrong.
Here's a list of my equipment:
Toshiba 55HX70
Toshiba 3750 dvd
HK AVR 320
Samsung LD
Sony PS2
Starchoice Satellite
Velodyne ct100
NHT 1.5 (front)
NHT Super Center
NHT Super One (rear)
Can anyone suggest a course of action? I don't want to have to switch another AVR 320 for nothing. Do I have a grounding problem somewhere? :angry: If I do what do I do next?
Somebody please help me salvage my hometheater...I really don't feel like disconnecting the entire setup as I just placed the whole thing in a fancy wall unit:angry: . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin_Hassan

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
The first thing I did (after cursing like an idiot) was to unplug the PS2, and the dreaded buzz is still there. After some more research I found out that the hum started at the same time as when somebody plugged in a fan somewhere else in the house. Is my 320 going to keep buzzing?

Kevin_Hassan

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
Does this make sense? I was told by someone (who is a budding electrical engineer) that I probably blew a resistor in the amp. He said that my AVR320 should be plugged into it's own power socket and circuit, instead of sharing a HT power bar with all my other units. Is this true? I did have a Kenwood 510thx before the H/K 320 and it never buzzed. Now whenever I turn on the AVR320 it buzzes like a power line? Should I go out and promptly exchange the 320?

Nancy Parr

Agent
To Kevin_Hassan.
Did you received an answer for your AVR320 buzzing problem ?
If it's true that the AVR must be on a separate AC plug then I think we're a lot to potentially have that buzzing problem because even though you plug it on a separate plug, normally all the plugs in a room (living room for example) are on the same circuit so the end result is the same, at least I assume...
:)

Kevin_Hassan

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
Thanks for all the help people. With some pointers I managed to track the problem with my hometheater. It was my Zenith hometheater powerbar. The darn thing shortchanged my amp, by not supplying it with enough juice, which caused a blown resistor....hence that terrible buzzing noise.
So the lesson that I learned from this is to never buy a bargain power bar for a decent hometheater system...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks