What's new

Terminator Box Set? (1 Viewer)

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
The Extreme Edition has a new transfer. I don't know about the special features. You can watch the Extreme...or EXTREME! edition in Hi-Def on the internet, which is a cool feature. I don't know if Brazil uses PAL or NTSC, but I would buy NTSC just so I don't get PAL speed-up.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
The Extreme Edition does not have the DTS track.

EzyDVD's 3-movie pack is only a slipcase packaging containing the 3 movies, and misses out on the 2-disc special edition of Terminator because that went OOP and was replaced by a single-disc version.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The Ultimate Edition has DTS and DD tracks on it, as well as tons of special features. The transfer is all that is lacking on that edition.

The Extreme Edition has an amazing new picture master(one of the best out there in my opinion) and the DD track from the Ultimate Edition. It also has a wonderful audio commentary by James Cameron on it, his first ever.

I would recommend getting the Extreme, mainly for the much improved transfer, although the extras on the UE are excellent, but to me the movie is king.

Rolando

Screenwriter
The R1 Terminator SE is a one disc and always was I am pretty sure. dvd 14 IIRC.

Anyone know if I am off? Was this ever a 2 disk?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Yes, the R1 Terminator SE is a DVD-14. Only T2 and T3 have been released in 2 disc versions, and the UE of T2 was originally released as a DVD-18 (the version I own).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The extended version of T2 is on both the Ultimate and Extreme Editions. There's also a super-extended version with an alternate ending thta's only on the Ultimate (though the scenes are included as extras on the Extreme).

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I doubt we'll see a Terminator Trilogy in the US any time soon because 3 different studios own the DVD distrubution rights to the 3 different films (Terminator - MGM, T2 - Artisan, T3 - Warner Brothers).

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Buy it on ebay. Or, It turns up used around here. If you want, I'm sure I could get you one for ~$14US (~43 Reais ) plus whatever it costs to ship to Brazil.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks