What's new

Terminator 3 DTS region 2 Japan review (1 Viewer)

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
I got the DTS version Region 2 Japan after the region 1 Dolby digital and DTS beat the crap out of Dolby Digital. Sound sounds clearer, more depth into it, tighter bass, high is sweet high and low is tight. Highly recommended. I am now waiting 5 DTS DVDs from CD Japan that I ordered on Feb 6th. I haven't got shipping confirmation from them yet. They are The 6th day DTS, Cutthroat Island DTS, Mummy Returns DTS, 3000 miles to Graceland DTS and Austin Power 1 DTS. Just for a note I got this T3 DTS from YesAsia.com. It gave me free shipping and delivered really fast. Thanks to Yesasia.com

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
Charlie

I didn't see any framing issue with the Region 2 japan DTS version especially at TX head and shoulder when she was walking over the lady in the car.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Cool mate, do you know were I can pick this disc up. I've been waiting for a release with correct framing.

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
Charlie

I got it at yesasia.com They are very quick. You got free shipping for any purchase of $39. This T3 is $39 and I got free shipping. However, I am from Mass and it took a week from Cali. If you pay $2.99 for shipping, you will get in 3-4 days which is 1 or 2 days faster. This DVD has beautiful art cover and sounds really good.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor

CraigL

Screenwriter
Yah but those screenshots are not from the widescreen Japanese version. The whole point of this thread is that that version is supposed to have been fixed.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
I was giving Tan some web links so he can see what we see
in the US version and can do the screen caps on the Jap.
disc and then compare the two. It was just for reference.

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, just to let you know, T3 DVDs from all regions have the same framing problem. The problem is at the source. So give it up!!!

However, I have R3 HK version, and I heard that R2 Japanese version is not that much better than R3. Save yourself some money.

Here are some shots for the packaging of R2 Japanese version...

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
Charlie

Do not conclude that. I did not see any framming problem. I could capture it with my WinDVD but I have switched regions too many times now my DVD-ROM only have 1 last chance to switch region and it will be permanent.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I think this interesting, because according to one of the biggest forums in Sweden the swedish DVD edition actually have the correct framing. But as I understand it, all editions have.

The VHS edition uses open matte instead of Pan&Scan which means you see things that you were not supposed to see, for example Kristina´s breasts, and who wants that! The DVD has the same framing as the film had in the cinema, and therefor it´s the correct framing.

This is just a translation of a piece of the swedish review. I don´t know if it´s right or not.

Tan Ng

Stunt Coordinator
I finally captured T3 DTS that will show has no framing problems but I don't know how to insert pictures here. Can any1 help me?

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
If you can save 6 captures throughout the film in JPG format at 90%.
Name the files at the relative time in the movie
you took the captures.
Then email the jpgs to Gary Tooze, he will set up a comparison table.
His email is [email protected]
I will look at the captures and get captures of the US WS & FF to add to the comparison.
By naming your files at the time you make the captures will help me match the image.
If you want to help make a full blown comparison, in your email add info about the audio options (dts, DD5.1,DD2.0), subtitles, number of chapters, details about the bonus material.

You can also download a free program that will give you a graph of the bitrate transfer of the DVD from here;

http://www.visualdomain.net/

Then you can also report on the bitrate for the Jap. version

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks