What's new

TDK DA-3826 CD Recorder (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Hi, would like to purchase a CD recorder. Read a outstanding review of this unit. Anyone have another 'fave' in this price range [$400US]?

Also, best place to buy this, or another unit.

Thanks.

Also read great review of the TDK CD-R's. So thought this would be a good match. Back in the olden days, the tape used from the tape recorder/player manufactor, always did well.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ed, is the TDK recorder really $400? That sounds high to me. If you can spend that much, definitely take a look at the Harman/Kardon CDR 30. Crutchfield sells it for $450, but OneCall (1-800-340-4770) and J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180) should be cheaper. I bought it for $450 from OneCall in February 2001, when it was a brand new model.

The CDR 30 has served me very well. I have never made a coaster with it, and to my ears, copies sound just like the originals. A number of magazines in the US and UK gave the CDR 30 excellent reviews last years. I recall seeing these reviews in What Hi*Fi? and Hi-Fi Choice out of the UK and Sound & Vision and Home Theater out of the US.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ed, $275 sounds more like it. I would still look at the Harman/Kardon CDR 30, though I'm sure it sells for more than $275 through OneCall and J&R.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks