What's new

Take a look at this GBA title.......TEKKEN (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Hey, impressive. Nice sense of depth to the arenas.
Tekken GBA will play from a quasi-3D perspective--the camera scales and the characters are able to move around each other while on the same 2D plane.
That sounds pretty darn good. I'd love to see it in motion! You know, I still need to get me a Gameboy Advance!
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on August 09, 2001 at 06:31 PM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
See, this little handheld is very powerful. Imagine the next generation of handhelds: a mini Nintendo 64 or Dreamcast!
Based on the power of the GBA, I don't see how anyone could doubt the power of the GCN.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Based upon the lack of power of the 8-bit Gameboy Color I don't see how anyone could doubt the power of the N64!
Huh?

Jacob Rohrer

Agent
I agree that Tekken for GBA looks really cool, and I will most likely pick it up.
However from a technical standpoint it is not really impressive.
OK its got a sprite background that the GBA masks into a pseudo 3D image ala mode 7.
But the characters are just rendered sprites, those are not 3D models running around on your GBA.
Regardless it looks cool, but I don't see why some people are acting like this is come technical achievement.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
What I meant by the GBA/GCN statement was the amount of power increase and satisfaction that people get from the GBC to GBA. I am assuming the same effect will happen for the N64 to GCN (I'm half asleep, so this might not make sense). Also, its not really that the game looks good (which it does), but the idea of playing Tekken in the car or in school is very appealing.

Jacob Rohrer

Agent
I tend to forget a lot of people on here probably do not surf the gaming sites on a very regular basis.
My comment was not actually targeted at this board or thread, but more at the general consensus on the gaming website boards concerning this game.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I'm not a bug Tekken fan but this looks very cool. I'm so happy with my GBA.
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks