What's new

Tainted "Seinfeld" Rerun Pulled (1 Viewer)

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
With anthrax scares shaking up mailrooms up and down the East Coast, Columbia TriStar Television has yanked an old episode of the sitcom, in which George Costanza's fiancée dies from licking tainted wedding invitations.
Damn. I thought this was one of their best episodes.
------------------
Ian M. Fisher
[email protected]

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Has it ever been shown in re-runs? I never saw this episode in its first run, and have waited for it since, but even though I watched the show pretty much every day for a couple of years, and saw several episodes repeated, I never once saw this episode.
/Mike

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
How about the episode 'Puerto Rican Pride Day', I saw it the first time it aired (it was very close to the final episode I think) but I have never seen it aired again. I have a friend who is a Seinfeld nut and he missed it on its first run, and hasnt gotten to see it yet. Maybe it was a little too offensive?
But the episode in question (with licking the envelopes)...I think I've seen it in reruns.
JQ

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Well we had all better enjoy the soup nazi episode for now cause sure shit it will be yanked to. This is only the beginning...
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen in it reruns a couple of times. I never have seen the Puerto Rican Pride Day episode in reruns...never thought of it before.
Weird
------------------
Ian M. Fisher
[email protected]

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Puerto Rican day parade has definately been pulled. Kramer set a puerto rican flag on fire by accident.
You can download it on Morpheus... It's ~40 Megs

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I've seen Susan's death a few times in syndication. IMHO this is one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen. Its definitely the best death scene. And the phone call at the end, pure George, it doesn't get any better than that. I loved that show.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Season 9 is rarely shown here so I downloaded the whole season from KaZaA.
I've seen the envelope episode many times on re-runs. IMO this was/is the best show ever, I just can't understand how my roommates hate it so much, and even more they find Jerry Seinfeld annoying as hell. As George say's "It makes me soooo maaad!" because they watch a crappy Australian soap opera at that time!.
------------------
-Nick Sievers
Nick's DVD's
2001 Film List
[Edited last by Nick_S on October 30, 2001 at 08:35 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks