What's new

Survivor: All Stars - 8/31 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
More Survivor DVD news: apparently Vanuatu commentary recording has begun...I'm trying to get in contact with Scout for more info.

Even though it's my least favorite season, I'm just glad to get another release...although I'm dying for Africa.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
According to Scout, the final six does commentary on "various episodes"; with Probst joining one group on the finale. It should be out for Christmas.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I just got confirmation from CBS: Palau in late August; Vanuatu in December. No plans to release any Amazing Race sets this year.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
GAG why vanuato!?! That was like the worst season EVER! I'll still buy it but I wish they would just finish off what's in between aussie and pearls.I really want AFRICA! They should just finish off 3,4,5 & 6...Then they can release all the new ones...how annoying.

Thanks for the news.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What about "Palau in late August"? Any firm date on that yet?

I just watched my vhs off-air copies of Vanuatu and was, again, stunned by just how annoying everyone in that cast was. :D Watched those instead of Palau because of the pending release.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Dave or Gord, would you be able to ask them about Africa being in the pipeline and make sure they realize that we want to see seasons 3-6 released sooner rather than later?

TreS

Auditioning
Real Name
Tre Svatek
Hey, Im new to these boards, but I have been following this thread for some time. I am also an avid fan of the CBS three (Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother) and I have been pushing for these releases since they released the Greatest Moments DVD's. I am a memeber on a Survivor fan board, and was able to scrounge up over 150 petition signatures and I sent them to CBS to try and get them to release Survivor on full length DVDs.

I dont know why I am babling on about all that, but I just wanted to show up, say hi, and thank everyone for all thier hard work in finding out when these shows will be released. You make me, and the petition signers very happy everytime we hear the new news.

And for what its worth, I also am dying for an Africa release. While it was not my favorite season, its been the season that I have not seen ANYTHING from for the longest time, and as I reminice (sp?) it really wasnt that bad and had some GREAT characters and twists (and the best intro music ;) )

Anywho, I guess this would also be a good place to ask if anyone has heard anything about any more Big Brother releases. I know no one here has talked about them, not sure if you guys are fans of it as I am, but I love the show, and I do own BB3 on DVD. I have reason to believe it didnt sell well, but that might have been due to the limited release only on the shows website that it saw. Season 6 of BB was amazing, and so far All Stars is amazing as well. If anyone could find any of that information out I would be super happy.

Thanks again, glad to finally drop in and say hi, and I apologize for the essay I just made u read :P

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Good post, Tre, and I know that I probably get on Dave and Gord's nerves a bit since I'm always asking them about Survivor/Amazing Race DVD news, but I can't even begin to say how excited I get when I see news on a season at TVShowsOnDVD.com and can't thank them enough for it. :) So I really appreciate all their work, and of course I know it isn't their fault that CBS/Paramount is doing them out of order and is being so damn slow with all of this...hopefully we'll find out what the next release after Vanuatu will be by the end of the year. And we'll of course have some Vanuatu news pretty soon probably.

BB3 was released in stores and other online retailers; I just think the price (it retails for $50-60) turned people off...I watch BB, don't know if I'd ever buy a season on DVD, but definitely not at that price. BB4 came out as a clip-show DVD and I remember the company was going to make a limited run $100/copy full season thing but I don't know if that ever came out.

Something I noticed: shortly after news that Chris (S9 winner) made the news for lying to his employer to get time off, we found out that Vanuatu was coming out. Just a few weeks ago, Brian (S5 winner) made the news for shooting a puppy--maybe there will be a Thailand announcement soon! ;)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I am also a huge BB fan. I am hoping they will release all stars and it will bring big brother dvd sets back to life.They need to learn from Survivor and widely distribute the sets and add more bonus features... Gosh I would LOVE to hear commentaries.

WHAT Brian shot a puppy!?!? That *(&^#%! Why in the world did he do that>?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Gord or Dave, any news on Africa or any post-Vanuatu release? :D

(I know I'm probably the most annoying fanboy ever but I truly appreciate all the great info you guys give us :) )

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got Survivor: Palau yesterday and immediately watched episode #1...and then turned right around and watched it again with the commentary track.

I'm here to report that the commentary track is a rollicking good piece of fun. CBS Home Video wisely puts up a "Spoiler Alert" screen after you select the commentary that indicates you WILL find out who the winner is if you don't want to know.

Participants are Tom, Ian, Stephanie and Caryn. Thay spend the entire episode ripping into each other, the other contestants and Jeff Probst and the entire Survivor experience. You get a bunch of inside info (which is always nice considering how close-lipped contestants always seem to be about the experience), but the meat is in the banter. These four are bouncing back and forth digging on each other's strategies, people's appearances, themselves--but all in good fun. My family and I laughed all the way through. Even my 16-year old son who couldn't understand why we were going to watch the same episode again right away (with the commentary track) stuck it out and announced "I can't believe I've already watched 40 minutes of this!" while laughing.

It's a great mix of personalities and humor and I'm looking forward to future commentaries on this set. IIRC, there are four plus a smattering of features.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Actually there are five commentaries! I have to say I'm enjoying this season more than I thought I would. I only saw a few episodes on tv and didn't think much of the cast the first time around.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Someone over at Sucks posted that they heard Africa will be released in March, but I'm skeptical...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The "2nd" set of commentary people--Bobby Jon, Jen, Greg and Katie--were not nearly as interesting as the other group...but still interesting. Survivor: Palau is a nice set. The only features I missed from earlier sets were extended scenes and the longer, un-edited confessionals. :emoji_thumbsup:

Bring on Africa...and any other sets!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks