What's new

Survey time....Best Speakers Btwn $350 and $900 to start home theater?? (1 Viewer)

Brian_F

Auditioning
As I posted earlier I have been recently shopping and listening to various bookshelf speakers to start my home theater.
I have listened to B&Ws ---the 602 ($350- nice but big) and 601 as well as the cm series ($900/pair for cm2s-am i just in love with the design?). Ive also listened to Paradigm mini monitors and they sound great too and are much cheaper. Im trying to develope my ear and decide what elements i like best. What im trying to figure out is what is the best bang for my buck having great sound and nice style to boot?
What are you're impressioins on these and other speakers in these ranges. Thanks.

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
You owe it to yourself to check out Definitive Technology! The 2006TL's might be in your price range, and you should also look at their new PowerMonitors (there is a review on them in the newest S&V Mag).
http://www.definitivetech.com
Good luck!

Darren H

Second Unit
I've had my Paradigm Studio 40s for about four months now, and am still amazed by their quality. They're just fantastic speakers. Pair them with a decent sub and you'd be hard pressed to find a comparable full range speaker at twice the price.
Have fun shopping.

KeithR

Second Unit
Run a search in the archives...this has been debated quite often, and recently i might add.

John Gates

Second Unit
Are you looking for a pair or all 5 for this budget?
If all 5, I'd check out the nOrh ceramic 4.0 setup for $850 shipped or the Ascend Accoustics CBM-170 5-speaker package for $849. Both of these are internet-only direct companies, so you can expect higher quality parts for the money, generally speaking (I know it's true with these two particular companies).
Others to consider: Axiom Audio, Swan's Diva line, others???
I own the nOrh speakers and am quite impressed with their build quality. I have not heard anything (paired with subs) in this price range that can match performance for music or HT. I'm sure they may exist, I just haven't heard them yet. :)
Happy hunting...
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks