What's new

Super Monkey Ball: Disturbing Commercial Unleashed on Unsuspecting Public. (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Since it seems to be standard practice nowadays to put these videogame commercials on the web immediately, here is the link provided by Link Removed :
6 MBs & all of it disturbing
This game has great word-of-mouth already. Let's hope Sega's new audience gives this game a serious look in spite of this terrible, terrible commercial.
-Dan
is now afraid of Monkeys and bananas

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
It's a Japanese ad. Of course it's disturbing! Have you seen the Chu-Chu Rocket ad?
------------------

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The Chu Chu Rocket one is great. I have it on my computer somewhere.
The one from that website that was supposed to be for WaveRace but was something else was disturbing. Someone posted a link to an incorrectly named file a while ago that lead to it.

Jason_H

Second Unit
Dan! You and your Japanese commercials...I am still traumatized from that last "Waverace" commercial that was something else! :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I love Japanese commercials. Not only are they kooky and great, but some are actually REALLY good. If anyone has seen the commercials from Final Fantasy IX, then you will understand what I mean. One commercial had the Final Fantasy Theme Song playing while they showed clips and shots from FF1-8 in an iris-type view and the footage looked aged, then the music changed to a full orchestra and showed some quick scenes from FFIX and then the FFIX symbol popped up and the tagline "The Crystal is Back" flashed on the screen. Amazing. Of course, it was only 15 seconds lonog.

Andre F

Screenwriter
It looked weird but it wasn't that bad. Or maybe I'm just weird....
tongue.gif

-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Heh I remember last time I was in Japan, most of my spare time I had in my tiny hotel room trying to sleep was spent watching the commercials on the TV, I couldn't understand most of them because they speak so fast but still loved the weirdness of them. This one is right on par weird and interesting to watch :) too bad there isn't more of the gameplay shown.
Dean

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Just a note to those without a broadband connection:
This isn't all that. I really didn't see what was so disturbing. Perhaps the fact that it's in Japanese...? Definately not the most 'disturbing' commercial, even for a game. (The one with the horny squirrel has that distinction) :)
------------------
wtc.jpg

My Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
It's not disturbing, it's just typical Japanese. If you have ever lived in Japan and watched a lot of Japanese TV (I did) it's kinda typical.
Japanese TV is sorta weird, if you're from the US.
My favorite commercial in Japan: It was for 'pure' brand bottled water. it had Madonna holding the bottle - and said one line:
I'm Pure
Hysterical!!!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Chu Chu Rocket takes the cake. A guy singing about the Chu Chu's as you see them being eaten by a cat, then blasting out of the cat using a rocket ship. It was funny as hell, too.
I wish that the Japanese would show some game commercials in America. There are commercials that have no dialogue in them that are very good and should be shown for games (FF9 had the BEST game commercials I have ever seen).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks