Sub review

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick L, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

I am considering buying a new subwoofer. I currently use a rigged up car sub with an amp from an old klh powered sub. It works from ~40Hz and up pretty well. I am getting tired of looking at the car sub and need something to take its place. I have been offered a Klipsch ksw10 for $160 and also an Infinity Entra 10 for the same price. I am leaning towards the Klipsch since its ported and will probably be a little louder in the low frequencies. Does anyone have the link to the long list of subs that were reviewed in one thread a long time ago. I think both were in there with some good numbers. Also if you have any experience with either of these subs, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks
    Nick L

2. greg baker

greg baker Stunt Coordinator

I purchased a jbl pb10 for $199 through J and R and I am very happy with it. It looks great and sounds very nice. Is it as good as an svs? NO. I am sure many will tell you to save up for the SVS and I considered it but I needed a sub now and I have been very pleased. Those sound like good prices and I think you would be pleased with either. I think whatever you get will make a big difference over your current setup

3. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

The Klipsch KSW-10 is decent, and I use one in the upstairs 2 channel system. It doesn't shake the floors, but it does provide the bass that the system lacked before. My Shiva/AVA250 replaced the KSW-10 in the home theater and WOW, what a HUGE difference!!!

4. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

Well after some demo material tonight, I think I'm going to go with the Infinity sub. Turns out its the Entra 10" and not the ILS100. Still sounded darn good. Will do the final testing between the two and their big brothers tomorrow and buy one (YAY!). Should be a fun day, I love testing subs!

Nick L

5. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

It sounds like you've made up your mind but just wanted to say that the Infinity Entra subs are ported.

6. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

Looks like I may have to go with the Entra Sub two (12"). The 10 incher is sold out. Oh well a little extra sub can't hurt [​IMG]

Anyone have experience with the Entra Sub Two?

7. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

If you're gonna spend a little more money, check out ebay seller: harmanaudio for refurb'd IL100's or IL120's. I don't have much experience with the Entra's but I have used both the IL100 and IL120 in my HT. They are excellent subwoofers with decent output to 25hz. They also include the RABOS system which is a single band parametric eq to tame your largest room peak.