What's new

Sub calibration with speaker level connections (1 Viewer)

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
How does one calibrate the sub in relation to the mains when connected via the speaker level inputs? Can this be done with internal test tones?

I do not own VE/Avia, but borrowed a copy awhile back to confirm my test tones were accurate. They were fine. I had my sub connected via the LFE out. I now plan on experimenting with repositioning the sub and different x-overs by using the speaker level connections between the AV Rec (fixed x-over at 100Hz), the sub (B&W ASW1000) an the mains (B&W 603S2).

Thanks,

--Steve

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
Bump.

Anyone...anyone....Bueller.....Bueller....

BTW, I am comfortable with my sub settings, the use of an SPL meter, and etc.

To clarify, my question is: Will I need to purchase software to produce external test tones? With my mains set to large and sub = no, I won't have any internal tones to set the sub's SPLs in relation to the mains. Or is there some other rule of thumb I'm missing for calibration with speaker level connections.

--Steve

Jimmy P

Stunt Coordinator
If you are going to run speaker level connections to your sub,the sub will receive the complete frequency band,so your receivers fixed 100Hz crossover wont come into play, the subs own crossover then can be adjusted to come in on the bottom end of where your mains cut off,example if the mains are rated down to 40Hz,set the subs crossover in the 50/60Hz range.You could adjust it by ear,a test disc with tones and using a sound meter would be best,then try to get the response of your mains and sub as flat as possible or to something that pleases you sound wise,good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks