What's new

Stars hockey on HDnet was blacked out! (1 Viewer)

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
I recently got a Dish Network HD satellite dish installed and was really looking forward to seeing the Stars in HD tonight. Why is it blacked out? Is it a sellout issue? I live in the Dallas area if this makes a difference. Will blackout rules apply to the Mavericks also? Any info wil be appreciated.
Thanks

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
blackout rules apply on hdnet.

look for the replay to not be blacked out.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
It sucks, don't it? I'm not certain about the Mavericks. They haven't been shown on HDNet so far as I know. Their HD channels are being broadcast on a special channel. I think, but I'm not certain, if you have the second dish antenna you might get that channel and get to see some of the Mavericks in HD.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
Well, I've calmed down a little. I was really PO'ed last night because my wife is really the big hockey fan and I justified the expense and hassle of getting HD dish by telling her we can watch hockey in high def. We did get to see the replay at 12:30am but it's just not the same as watching a live broadcast. Next time we'll not watch the game live and wait for the replay. I e-mailed Mark Cuban about Satuday's Mavs game at 1:30am last night and got this reply less than 30 minutes later!

"Only shown to hdnet subscribers in dallas ft worth
If you get hdnet from charte in dallas, you need their set top box, hdnet and its on their mavs channel"

I live in Denton and did not see the game in the HDNET listings however the Mavs website says the game is on HDNET.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
In the case of the Mavericks I know if you have DirectTV there is a different channel that is part of HDNet but is used for special showings only. They show the Mavs games on there, and Charter has them also.

What really sucks is when HDNet is taping the games and UPN has the broadcast rights, UPN can't broadcast the HD feed, they have to downconvert it, and for some reason they choose to downconvert it and send a letterbox feed that looks like complete crap, whether you view it on the normal UPN station on Dish or pick up the OTA digital channel. That really pisses me off. If you have Charter or DirectTV you're ok, but everybody else is screwed.

David S

Stunt Coordinator
Blackout rules apply for the occasional LA Kings games brodcast on HDNET. I'm stuck watching the crappy FSW SD broadcast as well.:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks