What's new

Star Wars Episode VIII "The Last Jedi" Coming December 15, 2017 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Anyone find a listing of marathon locations? Only ones I could find are at a Regal in NYC and an AMC at Disney World/Springs Orlando.
I couldn't find any list either but the only other one that I'm aware of is at the El Capitan Theater in Los Angeles and it's sold out. I'm guessing that there will be more widespread marathons for Episode IX since it'll be the end of a trilogy.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The best theater in NYC for IMAX, the Lincoln Square location, shows no showtimes before 1:50am early Friday and never did. I refuse to believe that they didn't have a 6pm or 7pm, and then a 10:30pm.

The second largest IMAX in NYC at Times Square only ever showed a 10:30 and no 7.

Something screwy is going on there. There's no way they're not having shows and there's no way they sold out so fast that they were just removed from the calendar. I smell something fishy going on with those local theaters.

Sold out I'd buy. No showings at all, I don't buy. So if there is a show and it's not publicly listed...how was anyone suppose to get tickets.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Are you sure that they don't have a double feature or fan event scheduled for that location? Fandango has them listed as a separate movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The best theater in NYC for IMAX, the Lincoln Square location, shows no showtimes before 1:50am early Friday and never did. I refuse to believe that they didn't have a 6pm or 7pm, and then a 10:30pm.

The second largest IMAX in NYC at Times Square only ever showed a 10:30 and no 7.

Something screwy is going on there. There's no way they're not having shows and there's no way they sold out so fast that they were just removed from the calendar. I smell something fishy going on with those local theaters.

Sold out I'd buy. No showings at all, I don't buy. So if there is a show and it's not publicly listed...how was anyone suppose to get tickets.
The next time you're at that theater, you should ask what's doing because that is really weird. Like Wayne said, there's no IMAX show until later in the night due to the double feature. Then the first regular IMAX screening at my theater is 9 PM (it's a BIG room and it's already sold out) and so they've added a 12:40 AM Thursday night/Friday morning. I'm guessing New York City is a bigger market than suburban Philadelphia so they should be selling tickets.

As an side, a Regal outside of Philadelphia looks like it's going 24 hours for the weekend.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, if they had a marathon that would explain the absence, but that's not listed either. And it goes on 24 hours all weekend after 1:50. But I find it extraordinarily hard to believe they're not having an earlier show. I'm not sure when I'll be by the theater again but I may email IMAX to let them know about it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I got my ticket for Friday, a 3D showing at 10:50 matinee. As of now there are only 5 seats taken including mine. but two months from now, it will probably be full.
Should be fun.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yes it's 2D. Maybe it will be in 70. I have not been to this theater since it was refurbished. Fingers crossed.

Just check the link I posted above your response - there is a complete list of all theaters that will be playing it in 15/70 film - only about a dozen worldwide.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I think I have to pre-order too because this is a saga movie. I pre-ordered for Rogue One and the theater was not full.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, I had zero trouble getting Rogue One tickets but this was as much of a mess as TFA.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The trailer looks interesting... but also very familiar... almost too "The Empire Strikes Back" familiar... like TFA is too "A New Hope" familiar.

I know I'll see it. My son will be home for Christmas and insist we go...

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The trailer looks interesting... but also very familiar... almost too "The Empire Strikes Back" familiar... like TFA is too "A New Hope" familiar.

I know I'll see it. My son will be home for Christmas and insist we go...

Get your expectations in check, there's no way TLJ won't have very similar beats to TESB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks