What's new

Star Wars Episode VIII "The Last Jedi" Coming December 15, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I like the new trailer better than the new poster, which is kind of oddly composited and doesn't look as eye-catching as the teaser poster to me.

I like that I still don't really know that much about the plot. Luke not being happy to see Rey was obvious from the end of the last one, so I really don't feel like that is a spoiler. An while there seems to be a lot going on with the other characters, not enough of it is in context to cause a problem. This was a very well-cut trailer, I think.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
@Ronald Epstein

How can I fix before my edit window expires?

yeah Will its got a lot going on....Rian Johnson tweeted if you want to go in CLEAN do not watch.

I'm not watching it. I'm sure the trailer will be on a movie that I see in the next two months but I'll be perfectly happy if I don't see it before I see the actual movie.

I got my tickets for the IMAX double feature.

I've been hearing great buzz, but I really want to play it safe. So few movies actually surprise me nowadays.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What was the last movie you saw that had some twist that actually blew you away?
Actually, I'd say it was The Force Awakens when Han died. I mean I started getting worried when he walked out to talk to Kylo Ren but I still didn't think it would happen.

I think the 'problem' with trailers really occurs when I watch the trailer over and over. That's when the movie kind of becomes "Oh, I saw that shot in the trailer" or "I know what's going to happen because I saw it was in the trailer." By not 'memorizing' the trailer, I feel like I've been surprised by smaller action moments that would have been spoiled if I knew what was coming.

EDIT: Rian Johnson just Tweeted (jokingly) to forget what he said and watch the trailer.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'd say it was The Force Awakens when Han died. I mean I started getting worried when he walked out to talk to Kylo Ren but I still didn't think it would happen.
I went all that time avoiding spoilers. Mere hours before I went to TFA on opening night, I check out my Facebook and some asshole who was butthurt over Disney jettisoning the EU spoiled that.

As for the twist question, probably a lot of people would say "The Sixth Sense" and it did have good sleight of hand the first time, though I don't think all that holds up well on multiple viewings.

What comes to mind for me was "The Mist"

When Thomas Jane's character mercy kills all his companions and only then does the mist clear. Obstensibly this wouldn't be an unexpected thing to happen, but the more disturbing aspect to it suggests that Mrs. Carmody was right all along, that once the child and the "whore" were sacrificed the mist would lift.

EDIT: Rian Johnson just Tweeted (jokingly) to forget what he said and watch the trailer.

Of course it was jokingly. And I'll bet that Johnson wasn't called into an emergency 8:30am meeting tomorrow.

Last edited:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Fandango is backed up now, I'll hope tickets are still available in the morning.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I dig the poster -- and the black, white and red color scheme they're using for all of the marketing materials on this.

That was one hell of a trailer. A couple potentially major revelations in there. But most importantly, it felt like a Star Wars movie I haven't seen before. I can't say the same about the trailers for TFA or Rogue One.

The idea that Luke would be so terrified of training Rey, because of his failure with his nephew, that he would inadvertently push her into the orbit of Kylo Ren and Snoke, is definitely one of those "HOLY SHIT!" possibilities.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I dig the poster -- and the black, white and red color scheme they're using for all of the marketing materials on this.

That was one hell of a trailer. A couple potentially major revelations in there. But most importantly, it felt like a Star Wars movie I haven't seen before. I can't say the same about the trailers for TFA or Rogue One.

The idea that Luke would be so terrified of training Rey, because of his failure with his nephew, that he would inadvertently push her into the orbit of Kylo Ren and Snoke, is definitely one of those "HOLY SHIT!" possibilities.

I read the trailer the same way you did. Can't wait to see this!!!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It is important to note that at least for Regal if you attend the double feature or the fan event you get free popcorn and soda.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It is important to note that at least for Regal if you attend the double feature or the fan event you get free popcorn and soda.
AMC theaters give you popcorn, special Star Wars trading cards and exclusive content.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I got my ticket for the 6:00 p.m. showing on the 14th with the following:

• See exclusive bonus footage that cannot be seen anywhere else!
  • Receive a set of three (3) trading cards.
  • Receive a free small popcorn (85 oz).
Also, bought tickets for the 3-D showing on the 15th at noon.

I'll probably go see it an IMAX theater the next week on a Tuesday or Wednesday while school is still in.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I got my ticket for the 6:00 p.m. showing on the 14th with the following:

• See exclusive bonus footage that cannot be seen anywhere else!
  • Receive a set of three (3) trading cards.
  • Receive a free small popcorn (85 oz).
Also, bought tickets for the 3-D showing on the 15th at noon.

I'll probably go see it an IMAX theater the next week on a Tuesday or Wednesday while school is still in.
85 oz is a small popcorn??:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks