What's new

Star Wars Episode VIII "The Last Jedi" Coming December 15, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I like the trailer. I thought it contained quite a few mysteries that, as a viewer, I want to see answered. (And since this is not a JJ Abrams movie, the chances are good they will be answered!)

Some of what we see in the trailer seems to be misdirection.
I doubt there's as explicit a scene with Kylo Ren contemplating killing his mother.
But that's part of the fun of trailers. And as they go, I thought this was a good one.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The trailer does look pretty good. I might see it after all. Han Solo has already been killed, so I don't think there can be anymore huge heartbreaks/movie ruining events for me in this trilogy.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Ill say this - Carrie Fisher is going to be missed - the beats with Leia in the trailer are the best thing about this trailer and I didnt expect that as Im itching to see Luke again

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Anyone noticed? Mark Hamill's acting in this trailer is excellent. Better than all the others.

Anyone has a direct link to a large non-youtube download?

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Tickets for my local showing finally went on sale today at 11 AM. Passed on the fan event showing. Tickets were almost $30 each. I grabbed a couple for the showing after that. Just can't pay that much for a ticket.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Well, they could always kill Leia or Luke or both.

We know for a fact because Kathleen Kennedy has said so that Leia was intended to appear in Episode IX in a major capacity. We also know because someone said it (I think Rian Johnson, but maybe Kennedy?) that they have not altered her role in The Last Jedi following Carrie Fisher's death. Therefore, Leia must survive The Last Jedi, although how they handle Carrie's unfortunate passing in IX is an open question.

Given that they can't use Han or Leia in IX now, I expect Luke to make an appearance there too. I don't think Disney would want a film where none of the major human players from the originals are left, and the only other person they could call into service is...Billy Dee Williams?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think the fan event is a $40 ticket in NYC.

I'm really wondering how long until the "fan event first screening" turns into "fan event all first night showings" and then turns into "fan event first weekend".

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

I'm really wondering how long until the "fan event first screening" turns into "fan event all first night showings" and then turns into "fan event first weekend".
It’s is here in North Jersey too.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
$40 is what I paid for The Force Awakens/The Last Jedi IMAX double feature. Call me a sucker but that's slightly less than I would pay to see two individual movies in IMAX anyway. Plus, the free popcorn and soda deal (which will end up being my dinner) is worth about $15 and you can't place a value on not having to wait an extra hour to see the movie like the rest of you suckers. :)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
$40 is what I paid for The Force Awakens/The Last Jedi IMAX double feature. Call me a sucker but that's slightly less than I would pay to see two individual movies in IMAX anyway. Plus, the free popcorn and soda deal (which will end up being my dinner) is worth about $15 and you can't place a value on not having to wait an extra hour to see the movie like the rest of you suckers. :)
Same reason why I went with the double feature.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
One of the strangest trailer reaction videos I have seen. The crew from Collider were on a plane back to LA from NYC Comic Con when the trailer dropped, so they all watched ESPN on the plane and recorded their reactions to the trailer.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Anyone find a listing of marathon locations? Only ones I could find are at a Regal in NYC and an AMC at Disney World/Springs Orlando.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks