What's new

Star Trek TOS Phaser Remote (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. As a bit of a "Trekkie", I find this quite interesting. Now I don't know if it will interact with my AVR or Blu-ray player but it looks like fun.

(Though at $150+, I'd probably put that $$ toward a Harmony Elite).

http://shop.startrek.com/search_sli.php?asug=&w=remote

StarTrek_PhaserRemote.jpg

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I was thinking about buying one of the communicators. How does it function? Not as a real phone, right?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have the phaser. It's an expensive toy. But I bought it at the time of release and I got it at the discount. I never intended to use it as a remote. :)

The communicator I had not realized they finally got that into production. So I'll look into that.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I was thinking about buying one of the communicators. How does it function? Not as a real phone, right?
It is a blue tooth device that works with your phone. It accepts voice commands that work through your phone to dial people on your contact list. Naturally, it receives calls by flipping open the grill. Fidelity is great as well as build quality. It also has some 20 pre-recorded audio clips from the main characters as well as a couple of sound effects. As a ST fan to another, I cannot recommend it enough.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It is a blue tooth device that works with your phone. It accepts voice commands that work through your phone to dial people on your contact list. Naturally, it receives calls by flipping open the grill. Fidelity is great as well as build quality. It also has some 20 pre-recorded audio clips from the main characters as well as a couple of sound effects. As a ST fan to another, I cannot recommend it enough.
Thank you for the heads up. Looks like a purchase for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks