SQUIRM to finally hit DVD in 2003!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin_S, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

The excellent killer worm film, SQUIRM is finally coming to DVD in 2003! I love this film, and am glad to hear this! I got this off of DVDManiacs.net :
    ----------------------------------------------------
    I received a call from Jeff Lieberman this evening, giving me the ok to tell everyone that his classic killer worm film, Squirm is coming to DVD sometime next year.
    We can expect a new anamorphic transfer of the R- rated cut from an original CRI! As for extras -- expect a commentary with Jeff, trailers, and a few other surprises. The disc will be part of the Midnite movies series, but will be released on its own with a retail of $14.95.
    Jeff is seemed really happy that MGM is giving this classic the respect it deserves. He said "Two down, Two to go!" I really excited about this one, as it's the film that got me hooked on horror and exploitation films.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    MGM comes through for horror fans again! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

I was just about to make a similar post. This is the coolest thing I've heard all week. I guess the uncut print wasn't so lost after all.

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I'm not buying it unless the MST3K version is on it. [​IMG]

4. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Jeff Lieberman posted a brief rant some time ago on the Mobius Home Video Forum about his dislike for the MST3K version of Squirm. I'm tempted to agree -- it's a weak episode, even by the exceedingly low standards of the Sci-Fi era.
    I'd provide a link to his specific post, but it seems to have found its way into the bit-bucket.

5. JayF

JayF Stunt Coordinator

This is very cool news. Yesterday I just discovered that another 70s horror flick - Shock Waves - is coming out the first week of September. Now if only someone would release Let's Scare Jessica to Death & The Incredible Melting Man!

6. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

While I like the film Squirm for the same campy reasons that I like films such as Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things I have to admit that the Squirm episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 is one of my favorites.....sorry Jeff.[​IMG]

7. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

8. Joseph Goodman

Joseph Goodman Stunt Coordinator

"An original CRI"? They mean to tell us that there are CRI's that still have any color left in them?

9. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I guess I'm one of the few people who hate MST3K. I can't stand that show.
    Dammit, I can't wait for this DVD! [​IMG]

10. Frank Sadler

Frank Sadler Agent

Excellent !

I love Squirm. MGM rocks.

11. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

If I'm not mistaken, CRI stands for Color Reversal Interpositive. These can look great though - point in question: Criterion's Cries and Whispers which looks glorious.