What's new

SQUIRM to finally hit DVD in 2003! (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
The excellent killer worm film, SQUIRM is finally coming to DVD in 2003! I love this film, and am glad to hear this! I got this off of DVDManiacs.net :
----------------------------------------------------
I received a call from Jeff Lieberman this evening, giving me the ok to tell everyone that his classic killer worm film, Squirm is coming to DVD sometime next year.
We can expect a new anamorphic transfer of the R- rated cut from an original CRI! As for extras -- expect a commentary with Jeff, trailers, and a few other surprises. The disc will be part of the Midnite movies series, but will be released on its own with a retail of $14.95.
Jeff is seemed really happy that MGM is giving this classic the respect it deserves. He said "Two down, Two to go!" I really excited about this one, as it's the film that got me hooked on horror and exploitation films.
-----------------------------------------------------
MGM comes through for horror fans again! :emoji_thumbsup: :)

Will K

Screenwriter
I was just about to make a similar post. This is the coolest thing I've heard all week. I guess the uncut print wasn't so lost after all.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Jeff Lieberman posted a brief rant some time ago on the Mobius Home Video Forum about his dislike for the MST3K version of Squirm. I'm tempted to agree -- it's a weak episode, even by the exceedingly low standards of the Sci-Fi era.
I'd provide a link to his specific post, but it seems to have found its way into the bit-bucket.

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
This is very cool news. Yesterday I just discovered that another 70s horror flick - Shock Waves - is coming out the first week of September. Now if only someone would release Let's Scare Jessica to Death & The Incredible Melting Man!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
While I like the film Squirm for the same campy reasons that I like films such as Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things I have to admit that the Squirm episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 is one of my favorites.....sorry Jeff.:)

Joel C

Screenwriter
I have seen *every* episode of MST3K and I tend to think the quality of the episode hinges on the campiness and or tone of the movie.

But I like them all. Squirm was fun, with good host segments. And I happen to think Seasons 8-10 were great, particularly 9.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm one of the few people who hate MST3K. I can't stand that show.
Dammit, I can't wait for this DVD! :)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
If I'm not mistaken, CRI stands for Color Reversal Interpositive. These can look great though - point in question: Criterion's Cries and Whispers which looks glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks