What's new

Springsteen dvd featuring show circa 75 Born To Run tour!! (1 Viewer)

David James

Stunt Coordinator
It sounds okay to me, not nearly as good as his NYC or Barcelona DVD's, or either Eagles, Roger Waters, on and on. I think it was a bit below much of last years Led Zep DVD as well. IMHO of course and as I said, it didn't affect my enjoyment in the least.

MatS

Screenwriter

sorry if I must say some of those comparisons are very unfair

by the way (not sure why, but) the dvds default to PCM stereo
a trip to the audio set up screen is required to switch to DD 5.1

David James

Stunt Coordinator
I was responding to the quote that the sound was "fantastic", no qualifiers for age, simply fantastic. I listed some DVD's that I might consider using such a label and disagreed.

After reading more high praise for the audio here ("excellent") and elsewhere, I listened to it again yesterday. I will say the sound is very good, especially for such an old recording, but I wouldn't consider it excellent or fantastic.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I'll say the sound is fantastic -- no qualifiers. This is a live show! I was simply amazed.

I am talking about the Stereo PCM track, not the DD.

I have the Springsteen in NYC, Led Zep & Roger Waters, and of those only Led Zep made me say wow, but the high quality here was more unexpected.

Maybe I am also reacting to to how amazing the underlying performance is and thus it sounds better to me. The NYC DVD didn't produce any excitement for me -- and this one just blew me away as did Led Zep.

Ted

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I fully agree, Ted. Too many concert dvd's tweak the tonal sound in post, makes it possibly smoother, more seamless but quite often a bit unnatural IMHO. Springsteen's concert sounds the way it should. That's how these instruments and amps sound! I have been a musician for 23 years and it's a relief to hear a live dvd that sounds the way that live music really sounds. It's also one of the most amazing performances in rock history IMHO.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks