What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Spike TV's airing of "Highlander" (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
One of the most infuriating experiences on TV.. I really enjoyed this TV show, and found it to be good fun. Much better then any of the sequels to the original movie, with basically a different take on it..

Anyway, SpikeTV's airing of this show is bedaffling and infuriating. They run part 2 of a 3 parter last night, and then, tonight, they air an episode they had also aired over the weekend, completely dropping the cliff-hanger from the night before.

They do this same thing with Star Trek as well.

BAH! If you're going to air part 1 of something, at least follow up the next night with the conclusion and so on :)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
The series on spike tv was being shown from start to finish, I think it ended a couple of months ago. Now they are just showing episodes at random. And yes it does get frustrating, that is why you buy the dvd's :D The whole series will be completed and released this year ond dvd. In fact you can get seasons 1-3 now :D

R~

Me and wife are huge highlander fans... And were glued to the spike tv for the entire series airing..... Pretty cool stuff...

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I get that they ran them in order; and they don't need to run them in order, necessarily, but damn, it's frustrating to run part 1 and not run part 2 the next day.. or to run part 2 of a 3 parter without it being forwarded by part 1 or the next day part 3. Bah! It's too confusing ;) However, I did go out and buy Seasons 1-3 last night in part because of it.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Not to mention the rediculous rotating logo. I still refuse to watch the channel. My wife keeps adding it back into the channel list though. She can't live without TNG.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have been making dvd recordings of both Miami Vice(which I just finished) and 7 Days. Both, thankfully, have been running in order. I refused to watch Spike/TNN when they had that horrible black bar. I can deal with the logo. But, I still wish they would make it a little less intrusive.

James T

Screenwriter
I need to buy the DVDs. There's plenty of episodes I missed. It was actually only recently when I learned of Ritche's death. I think I'm more frustrated with the time schedule. I still don't know when it's showing. I usually watch it at 1:00am because I get back home around midnight, but even then, it sometimes shows Blind Date.

And just recently, I bought a Sal D'Aquila musashi katana.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks