Spike TV's airing of "Highlander"

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Chris, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

One of the most infuriating experiences on TV.. I really enjoyed this TV show, and found it to be good fun. Much better then any of the sequels to the original movie, with basically a different take on it..

Anyway, SpikeTV's airing of this show is bedaffling and infuriating. They run part 2 of a 3 parter last night, and then, tonight, they air an episode they had also aired over the weekend, completely dropping the cliff-hanger from the night before.

They do this same thing with Star Trek as well.

BAH! If you're going to air part 1 of something, at least follow up the next night with the conclusion and so on [​IMG]

2. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

The series on spike tv was being shown from start to finish, I think it ended a couple of months ago. Now they are just showing episodes at random. And yes it does get frustrating, that is why you buy the dvd's [​IMG] The whole series will be completed and released this year ond dvd. In fact you can get seasons 1-3 now [​IMG]

R~

Me and wife are huge highlander fans... And were glued to the spike tv for the entire series airing..... Pretty cool stuff...

3. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Yeah, I get that they ran them in order; and they don't need to run them in order, necessarily, but damn, it's frustrating to run part 1 and not run part 2 the next day.. or to run part 2 of a 3 parter without it being forwarded by part 1 or the next day part 3. Bah! It's too confusing [​IMG] However, I did go out and buy Seasons 1-3 last night in part because of it.

4. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

Not to mention the rediculous rotating logo. I still refuse to watch the channel. My wife keeps adding it back into the channel list though. She can't live without TNG.

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I have been making dvd recordings of both Miami Vice(which I just finished) and 7 Days. Both, thankfully, have been running in order. I refused to watch Spike/TNN when they had that horrible black bar. I can deal with the logo. But, I still wish they would make it a little less intrusive.

6. James T

James T Screenwriter

I need to buy the DVDs. There's plenty of episodes I missed. It was actually only recently when I learned of Ritche's death. I think I'm more frustrated with the time schedule. I still don't know when it's showing. I usually watch it at 1:00am because I get back home around midnight, but even then, it sometimes shows Blind Date.

And just recently, I bought a Sal D'Aquila musashi katana.