What's new

Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 2, 2019) [ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED!] (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Mysterio probably creating the elemental creatures to look like a hero after taking them out and Spider-man revealing him as a fruad and Leading to Mysterio wanting to get Spide-man for doing that.

That would be my guess as well.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah that’s pretty much what I said and including the info on the Elememtals.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The giant charity check is not signed by Tony Stark but is signed by Pepper Potts

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Mysterio probably creating the elemental creatures to look like a hero after taking them out and Spider-man revealing him as a fruad and Leading to Mysterio wanting to get Spide-man for doing that.

Wouldn't that basically be the plot of The Incredibles?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The giant charity check is not signed by Tony Stark but is signed by Pepper Potts

Didn't she take over as CEO in one of the Iron Man movies?

Yes, but even if she is the CEO, it would make sense for a giant check to be signed by Tony since he is a higher-profile individual.

The fact that Pepper signed it -- as well as the fact that Happy is in the movie but Tony isn't -- adds to my existing theory. I have no insider knowledge to authenticate this, but I suspect that Tony does not make it out of Endgame alive. If he were alive, he would come to Peter's aid again himself. We know that Downy's current deal with Marvel ends with Endgame, and while he has resigned a number of times already, I strongly suspect that will not be the case again.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I loved the trailer.

I know I am asking for the impossible, but it would have been nice if this movie wouldn't have been announced till after ENDGAME. It's hard to take certain deaths seriously, as we were told to take them, when they're announcing movies like Spidey and Strange. Again, I know I am asking for too much, but the MCU usually delivers way more than I expect.

What can I say? I'm spoiled.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I know I am asking for the impossible, but it would have been nice if this movie wouldn't have been announced till after ENDGAME.

Well, Marvel hasn't made any official announcements about their slate after Endgame except for this film (although writers and directors have been hired for projects, so we all know they're going to happen.) The difference is that this one is a Sony property, so it's not completely under Marvel's purview. If you're talking about an announcement of the film, of course it had to be announced a long time ago because it was in production a while ago. If you're talking just about the trailer, there's no way a movie opening in July would hold all marketing until May.

Marvel chose to temporarily kill Spider-Man and Nick Fury in Infinity War and they knew that Sony would want to promote Far From Home before Endgame came out. They knew this was going to happen and they did it anyway. That's on them.

Personally, I don't think knowing that Peter and Nick Fury come back to life ruins Endgame at all, because I was always expecting them to. But we don't know how that happens, so we'll still get to see the arc of Endgame play out because this trailer makes no mention of what happened to get them to this point.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm pretty sure a Doctor Strange film was announced. Anyway, I know the realities. Spidey and Strange happen to be my two favorites (Ditko fan here) so I'm glad they're getting new movies.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm pretty sure a Doctor Strange film was announced.

Announced in the trades when Marvel hired Scott Derrikson, yes. Announced and given a release date by Marvel, no.

It's coming for sure.

But there are no titles attached to any Marvel projects on the schedule after Far From Home. They're all just Untitled Marvel Movie.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Trailer!

Looks like tremendous fun.
It certainly does. Leaves me even more flummoxed that Sony apparently didn't want all of those Into the Spider-Verse eyeballs to see it.

I liked but didn't love Homecoming, but this one seems to have emphasized the thing that worked best about that movie -- Peter Parker in high school -- and downplay the thing that didn't work -- the Parker/Stark relationship, and the Spidey suit basically being an Iron Man armor.

Gwen Stacy?
I believe that's Betty Brant, who for some reason in these movies looks exactly like Gwen Stacy. I've been a big fan of Angourie Rice since The Nice Guys, so I'm glad she appears to be getting more to do this time, after only having a handful of small scenes in Homecoming.

This is my theory as well. They seem to be deliberately hiding the fact that Mysterio is a master illusionist.

Wouldn't that basically be the plot of The Incredibles?
Maybe Mysterio saw it and got inspired, like the "Office Space" guys with Superman III!

I know I am asking for the impossible, but it would have been nice if this movie wouldn't have been announced till after ENDGAME. It's hard to take certain deaths seriously, as we were told to take them, when they're announcing movies like Spidey and Strange. Again, I know I am asking for too much, but the MCU usually delivers way more than I expect.
@Josh Steinberg agrees with you!:)

This is where have two different studios involved gets tricky. And as Jake alluded to, even if it had been only Disney, these movies are simply too big to produce under the radar -- especially if you have as much very public European location shooting as this one had.

Marvel chose to temporarily kill Spider-Man and Nick Fury in Infinity War and they knew that Sony would want to promote Far From Home before Endgame came out. They knew this was going to happen and they did it anyway. That's on them.
On one hand, I suppose they could imply that this takes place between Homecoming and Infinity War. But that's not very satisfying, either, since it's hard to root for a guy who you know is going to die in a few months.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I can say with all honesty that it doesn't bother me in the least that these characters "died" in Infinity War and this trailer spoils the fact that they're coming back. I rather like the reassurance that they're not playing with the audience, expecting us to believe that they'd kill off major characters like Spider-Man (or Nick Fury). It doesn't impact my enjoyment of Far From Home, Endgame or Infinity War.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
On one hand, I suppose they could imply that this takes place between Homecoming and Infinity War. But that's not very satisfying, either, since it's hard to root for a guy who you know is going to die in a few months.

Kevin Feige stated prior to Infinity War coming out that the Spider-Man sequel would take place in the aftermath of Avengers 4. I see no reason not to take him at his word on this.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I believe that's Betty Brant, who for some reason in these movies looks exactly like Gwen Stacy. I've been a big fan of Angourie Rice since The Nice Guys, so I'm glad she appears to be getting more to do this time, after only having a handful of small scenes in Homecoming.

I’m not up to date on the Latest Spider-Man books but apparently the movie Ned Leeds looks exactly like a character in the books and has a different name.
So I guess they’re switching some of the names and faces around.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One thing I forgot to mention above: I loved how Michael Giacchino took the theme song from the 1967 Spider-Man cartoon and reorchestrated it into a bona fide live action tentpole superhero theme for Homecoming. And I love that Sony's marketing team is running with it here.

Kevin Feige stated prior to Infinity War coming out that the Spider-Man sequel would take place in the aftermath of Avengers 4. I see no reason not to take him at his word on this.
Yeah, I'm not saying this is a strategy that they're going with, just that it was one they might have potentially pursued. I'm glad that they didn't, for the reasons stated above.

I’m not up to date on the Latest Spider-Man books but apparently the movie Ned Leeds looks exactly like a character in the books and has a different name.
So I guess they’re switching some of the names and faces around.
And based on that trailer, it looks like Ned and Betty are dating. So it looks like they paired up the two characters that look like different characters from the comic books.

Zendaya's "MJ" also sort of falls into this category, filling a similar role to Mary Jane Watson but not Mary Jane Watson, and not the same personality or energy either. But I love Tom Holland and her together in these movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks