What's new

Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 2, 2019) [ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED!] (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Not just Downey’s salary (which was reported to be anywhere from $15 to $50 million), but also that Far From Home was shot in some locations which offer very favorable rebates for shooting there.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Good point, Josh.

I have no idea what Downy's salary was for Homecoming in particular, but given the size of his role in it, I would imagine he got closer to $15 million than $50 million. My guess would be that he got in the $50 million range for the Iron Man films or the Avengers films where he was front and center, but since he was in a supporting role in Homecoming, it stands to reason he wouldn't have been able to get his full usual check for a less significant amount of work. I doubt he came cheap, but it was a Spider-Man film first and foremost, so I'm guessing his fee for it was probably on the lower end compared to his other appearances. Again, just a guess.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Ok guys, just saw the movie and loved it totally. I have a few questions that may have been answered already but didn't read the whole thread.

First, the way they explained how the blip worked, then shouldn't Spidey, and company have re-materialized alone on Titan? How did they get back to Earth?

Second, there seemed to be some significance to when Flash asked about where his parents were at the end when everyone came home. Can someone who is familiar with the comics explain that one to me?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
First, the way they explained how the blip worked, then shouldn't Spidey, and company have re-materialized alone on Titan? How did they get back to Earth?

Spidey did rematerialize on Titan offscreen in Endgame, along with Stephen Strange, Peter Quill, Drax and Mantis. Strange opened up a portal to return them all to Earth to participate in the final battle of Endgame.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Spidey did rematerialize on Titan offscreen in Endgame, along with Stephen Strange, Peter Quill, Drax and Mantis. Strange opened up a portal to return them all to Earth to participate in the final battle of Endgame.

Thanks. That makes perfect sense. I couldn't remember who all got dusted with Spidey on Titan.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Second, there seemed to be some significance to when Flash asked about where his parents were at the end when everyone came home. Can someone who is familiar with the comics explain that one to me?
It was just a gag that even after he almost died in a massive supervillain attack on London, his mother didn't love him enough to meet him at the airport, instead sending the chauffeur.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Far From Home is this week's Honest Trailer:

And, on Honest Trailer Commentaries they have Tony Revolori (Flash) as a guest. He reacts to the trailer and talks about filming the movie, including some ideas that didn't make it into the final cut.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Finally caught up with this last night and loved it. I think this is my fave S-M film ever. I think Holland is far and away the best in the role so far. He's the only one that convincingly looks the right age, for one thing.

Lots of laughs in this one. Pages and pages of posts here and no one mentioned the "Peter tingle"? :laugh:

I think they finally got the action down right for the CGI. In every other S-M film, there are times in action scenes when CGI Spidey just looks "fake" to me. I didn't get that in this film.

It was sad not seeing Stan Lee. :(

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think this is my fave S-M film ever.

I agree with pretty much your entire post. I saw it four times in theaters and it also really holds up to rewatching.

It was sad not seeing Stan Lee. :(

I was surprised that they didn't put him in the opening R.I.P. montage with the departed Avengers. Betty and Jason could have said something like, "We bliped back, and as if that wasn't crazy enough, our bus driver died in the meantime!" (Well, more eloquently worded, but you see what I mean.) This would have been a natural way to acknowledge Lee's passing in the movie, especially since he already played the bus driver in Infinity War.

Obviously, we would all like it if Lee were still here forever and he were able to continue filming cameos. However, if there had to be a last one, I think it was actually kind of appropriate that it ended up being Endgame, because that brought so many threads to a conclusion. Stan exiting the MCU at the same time as Iron Man, Captain America and Black Widow felt right to me. Which doesn't mean I wouldn't have loved to see more of him in the future if he were still here, because of course I would, but if the cameos had to stop, at least he got to end with that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks