What's new

Spanish 3-Disc Dances with Wolves LE (1 Viewer)

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
Disc 1. Directo'rs Cut (240 Min) Disc 2. Short version Disc 3. Additional material: Added scenes, Trailer, Making Of, Commentaries, Gallery of images, Illustrations, Gifts EDITING LIMITED AND NUMBERED OF 2000 UNITS. PRESENTATION IN BOX OF LUXURY.
Sounds Pretty cool, but at a steep $47 US. Released Dec 19 with 5.1 english/spanish audio and subtitles.:emoji_thumbsup:

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
the only place i've seen it so far is dvdgo.com

don't even bother with those other so called european superstores. I haven't tried dvdgo.com yet, but they look great and shipping is like$8 for express courrier mail 2-4 days from spain!

Thane

Stunt Coordinator
Any review of this yet? I have both the US DTS version, the UK Region 2 & the French Region 2 versions of this movie. Both of my region 2 copies are the longer version, but neither is great, one has a sound-synch problem & the other has rather poor video quality. Anyone have this new version?

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered it, but haven't gotten it yet. I've heard bad things about the french/uk versions so stayed away from them. There's also a non LE version w/out the theatrical cut in spain.

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
dvdgo just emailed me to tell me that The dances dvd has been delayed a bit and they have yet to ship it to me.

Aaron Carr

Agent
WOW!!! The 3 disc set just arrived on my door today from DVDGO and boy am I blown away at how AMAZING this set is. The collector's edition box the discs come housed in must been seen to be believed the sheer size of it is gorgeous. I will try and post a picture of it later. For $60 this is well worth the money not only do you get the directors cut on one disc you get the theatrical cut on another plus a third bonus disc of features. Along with those 3 discs you get a poster, 8 lobby cards (I assume...fotocromos? is what it says on the sticker), 10 postcards, and a 24 page booklet. This is the definitive CE version of Dances With Wolves to own. For anyone that wants this set I would recommend you hurry because from what I've read this is a Limited Edition set of 2000. Mine has #0890 stamped in silver on the bottom of the box. Again this set is more than what I was expecting truely a Collector's Edition! I will post of picture of the set tonite when I get home and hopefully a review of the Director's Cut disc.

Aaron

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
Hey aaron we're twins! Mine came today stamped with #882!. Item is awesome. COmes with a ton of stuff. Only problem is english audio is in 2.0 surround. All extras are in english by default. DIsc 3 is loose in a sleeve, but arrived safely. The Video is awesome! The french/italian releases look like crap i've heard, but this video transfer seems to be flawless. I love it. I'm not sure what to do about the lack of english subtitles during the indian scenes since i don't speak spanish.

Aaron Carr

Agent
Hmm well I do have mixed views with the set now that I opened it up and played the discs. The set and extras are very sweet indeed however the lack of English 5.1 and Anamorphic video REALLY hurts this set. I was under the impression that it did have both. DVDGO's site leads you to believe that it has 5.1 tracks in English but all you get is 2.0 for both the Director's Cut and the Theatrical Cut:frowning: The video is ok for a letterboxed picture nothing jaw dropping though. I won't spend time with a review of the picture quailty because it is non-anamorphic widescreen and pales in comparison to the Anamorphic R1 DTS version. Although I am happy to own this set because I have never seen the Director's Cut of this movie so it was interesting to finally watch. But would I be as excited to buy the set had I known forsure about the audio and video? I can honestly say No. For $59 shipped it is a fun set to have in my collection the extras alone make it worth it but the audio and video will NEVER replace the R1 DTS version. So if your a fan of extras and you haven't seen the Director's Cut I would say yeah buy this set the price is good and also who knows when and if we will see the DC version released here in R1. A great effort by Filmax (the R2 stuido who released the set) with the extras but the audio and video gets a big :thumbsdown: .
Aaron

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
both the box and sites list it with english subtitles, but i can't seem to acces them. Anybody know how to?

DarrinH

Second Unit
Bob, give me a yell! Send me a message on the board! Had no idea there was anyone else in my area that was into HT.

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
hey, where's fairplain anyways? I'm totally into all things HT, but my system could use some upgrading right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks