What's new

Soundgarden Reunion in 2010? (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
According to the singer of Shinedown, it looks like things are building up for a Soundgarden reunion next summer. It's great news if true, as long as Cornell doesn't try and push them into the Timbaland direction. :P

Seriously though, this is where Cornell is at his best, and Soundgarden was arguably the most consistent band of the grunge era. I really hope that it would include a new album in addition to a tour although if TPTB happen to read this--a co-headlining tour with Soundgarden and STP would be about the greatest thing ever. :D

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I hope it's true, but Cornell did a lengthy interview with Matt Pinfield on our local rock station no more than 3 months ago and all but dismissed the idea. He said he was happy with his musical direction and that reuniting would be re-living the same disagreements they had when they split, all over again.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Blabbermouth's headline is now that Ben Shepherd shot down these rumors...but his quote actually says nothing about the accuracy of the report and is simply bashing the guy who made the comments in the first place...

Shane D

Supporting Actor

i would disagree with that. black hole sun has to be the most atrocious song ever and the summer it came out you couldnt walk 10 feet without hearing it and that whole album just gets on my nerves.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a fan of that particular song but really, the only grunge era band I can think of that was as consistently strong as Soundgarden would be Alice in Chains (although I'm not a Pearl Jam fan). Their last four albums (including the underrated Louder Than Love) are pretty remarkable.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
pearl jam, nirvana, smashing pumpkins (not grunge exactly but close enough until billy corgan shaved his head), stone temple pilots.

but as its all music, everyones opinions will differ. those are just my choices as better. I will say i do still like spoonman. cornell's voice just annoys me though. i hated what he did with the leftovers of rage against the machine.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

I agree that it's a *horribly* overplayed song, but even so if I could only pick one "grunge" band to listen to Soundgarden would be it by a wide margin.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I like STP much more than Soundgarden--but I don't like the Tiny Music album aside from a few tracks. Ditto for Smashing Pumpkins, although they're pretty inconsistent and not really grunge to me.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Soundgarden is by far my favorite band of that era, followed by AIC. Having said that, I've heard a lot of people say Cornell's voice is irritating. Totally a personal preference type thing, as all music is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks