What's new

****Sopranos Season 5 Season Guide (Spoilers)(Archive Copy) (1 Viewer)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Here I am thinking this is the episode that helps clinch Tony and Carm getting back together, but then the preview shows them at each others throats in the divorce meeting.

Can Tony B do any violence with out hurting himself?

Liked the episode-definitely better than creepy goomah woman...loved the Marco Polo game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay episode. Tony B is pretty "into" Meadow. He's also come full circle as he looks out for #1, wanting the life/wealth he would have gotten if he didn't get pinched 15 years ago.

The way Carmela talks to her mom is pretty funny at times, no mincing of words, that's for sure.

What's interesting is that for the episode to showcase Big Pussy's widow, Big Pussy himself showed up on "The Practice" as a bully of a lawyer. :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Eh.. that's why I'm thinking the next meeting will be so bitter.. "I was vulnerable and you took advantage of me, and you left without saying anything.." good way to make her feel used.

I really liked the party bit, because it put it to Carmella that she has the same family issues that Tony has.. her mother resents their heritage and looks down on her choice of husband & kids.. the spiel on Meadow was excellent.

The incident regarding Tony B doing a job for NY crew, specifically taking sides -AGAINST- Johnny Sack by knocking out one of his bagmen.. damn. Tony S. has to be fearful of how that can play out, because it's all negative against him..

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Tony B did seem "too" interested in Meadow. I loved the episode...although, it was obvious that this would be a "make-up" episode for Tony and Carmela. Tony B hurting himself had me laughing for a while.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
Well doesn't Tony B have a daughter about the same age as Meadow? Maybe he was *very* interested in her because he was thinking about his own daughter. I dunno.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I think it was a bit of both.

Pretty good episode. I loved the stuff with Carm's Dad...really funny guy. It was nice seeing Tony put on the charm again, even if it's all going to shit next week. Hopefully the NY/NJ stuff will start hitting the fan now.

LewB

Screenwriter
Didn't Tony B. also linger on Carm's butt when he was using the camera. He's just being a dog. Typical guy stuff.

OT... I was watching on D* feeding my HT with the 5.1 DD. Did any one notice a loss of synch between the picture and sound starting with the scene where Carm and her parents are eating Chineese food and Hugh tells them he knows about the party ?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I think Tony B's interest in Meadow was purely a jealousy thing. He's impressed with how intelligent and nice she is and imagines that he should have had such a great daughter (and house, and money, and power).

This all makes me wonder if it's at all possible for a someone in this life to come out of jail, get back in the game and not get killed.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I am with Mike on the Tony B and Meadow thing. I thought there was some drunk horny old guy thing going on there, but they are closely related.

Otherwise, an episode that reminds us that this show is about FAMILY. WEll written and paced. I pointed out multiple times to my wife that some of the family shenanigans with Carmela and her mom and even Junior calling Hugh are VERY evident in our families. People suck, even if they are family! :)

"Want me to pop over to Grand Union?"

That Tony B., he's a pisser. Getting his foot run over showed more about why he was in prison and not Tony S. He's a bumbler. Who's better than Steve Buscemi? I mean, really?

One thing is kinda interesting to me. Edie Falco's level of physical fitness seems to change a lot. She's never fat, but last night she was triathlete tight. I guess it really was her in the pool for the body close ups...although I doubt she would allow herself to be thrown into a pool!

4 stars out of 5....wait Meadow in a bathing suit...half star extra credit...4.5 stars. I would re-watch that ep.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I got a kick out of the pool scene. When Tony S got out of the pool and Artie said Tony was "it",and after Carm was throw in the pool Artie touches her head and says "your it Carm" - how she realized the futility of resisting and said "Marco"

Lots of great stuff with Steve Buscemi this week.Nice to see Little Carmine finally respond to whacking Lorainne.

"Edie Falco's level of physical fitness seems to change a lot"

I noticed her shoulders when she was cooking in the kitchen. As I said about 2 weeks ago - she has to gain weight for the show and is in great shape or a woman her age.

I miss Paulie and Silv.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Tony B and Meadow had a conversation about his daughter who is about Meadow's age who has left and he has no idea where she is. Apparently his daughter lived with Tony S for a while when she was 11 or 12. I got the feeling he was thinking of her when Tony S was teasing Meadow.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Wasn't he just leafing through a binder with perspective girls for The Bing? That's what I thought it was. Uh, work... ;)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, same here.. I thought it was potential hires.. and potential one-nighter material.

Charlie-W

Grip

I was watching on Comcast with 5.1 DD, and through the whole episode, whenever there was music, it came from the right channel only. From the theme music all the way to the last song. Everything else was fine. It was like the audio mix for the show was done with the left channel of the music switched off.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
What was the deal with the gun? Was it a fake? The snooty Italian guy was saying something like "Beretta doesn't export their expensive stuff." or something like that. Then Carm's dad was all downtrodden after that.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that was a terrible thing.. basically, the guy told Carm's dad that this was a "cheap" model because the "good stuff" never left Italy.

Which instantly hit what I thought when Carm said.. the guy is an asshole ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The snooty guy was making a point that the Beretta was of inferior quality since the exported shotguns aren't made from the higher quality parts/materials. The class distinctions on display was the thrust of the Carmela's family subplot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks