What's new

Sony Wega Help! (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Ok, I'm looking into picking up a 27" Sony Wega, and I'm a bit confused as to which one I should get. There seems to be about four different models floating around out there. I know some are the older models, and I know one is about a $100 more than the other. Can anyone recomend which model is the way to go?
I know I can do the research myself and find out what the differences are, but I prefer the opinions of people who own the product I'm looking into to rather than just reading the techincal info. Thanks

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Oh, and if anyone has a recomondation for a 27" other than the Sony Wega, please let me know.

JaimelM

Agent
I had a sony 27 FS series wega and returned it the
next day because when it pans
from left to right it distorts like a funhouse mirror.
Don't get a Sony Wega instead
get the new RCA True flat series.
I have purchased a 27 rca true flat at Radio Shack
and they look better than the hyped wegas.
Sony TV's are not the same quality as in the
past. They are crap.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I don't think anyone can fairly call a Sony TV "crap." I have a new 36" XBR450, and it is incredible. The different Wega models have different tubes in them. The model numbers correlate with the prices and features. The "FS" series is the lowest, then the "FV." The XBR series is the best.
My advice is to go out with a budget in mind, look at all the sets you can in your price and size range, and then make an informed purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks