What's new

Sony SCD-CE775 not reading some standard Redbook disks? (1 Viewer)

stephen_z

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know if this is a new development with the player or whether I'm just starting to come across some c.d.'s which won't play on the system. Does anybody else have the same problem? Hate to bring it in for service if it's characteristic of the unit.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
How long have you had the player? What discs are you having problems with? Is it a stock unit or one that's been modified?

stephen_z

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Eujin,
I've had it for about 6 months, and it's been ok with what I typically listen to (classical, jazz, SACD). It's only had problems on the following:

David Sanborn "A Change of Heart" 1987
Phil Collins "...Hits" 1998

These are cd's that I haven't listened to in a while and they are first timers on the CE775. It's probably a small percentage, but's its still annoying. Hate to go through my collection one by one. It is not a modified unit. Do you still have yours and I assume you're still very satisfied with the mods. I'm still debating about an upgrade down the road.

I am still enjoying my Triangle Titus 202's.

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
David Sanborn "A Change of Heart" 1987
Phil Collins "...Hits" 1998
If they were new releases, then I would blame "copy-protection" scheme in use (thankfully only occassionally) by the studios. These can wreak havok on DVD players and other devices that use a DVD player mechanism to read discs, like SACD players.

Since these are older discs, I would assume that the problem is with the player, not with the discs. Granted, they may be poorly produced discs... off center spiral, not balanced, etc., who knows. But they should be playable nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks