What's new

Sony cuts TV sales forecast (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Sony Corp said on Thursday it lowered its TV sales forecast for the year ending in March 2014 by 6.3 percent to 15 million units, down from a previous estimate of 16 million.

Do you think is that the Sony brand for TV's is declining or that the entire market is declining? In this case I wonder if it is both...

Who has a Sony HDTV?

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I have one of their 3D headsets (the second, lighter model) and I think it is magnificent,

The sound is naturally what you would get from ear bud speakers with a 5.1 soundscape, (not bad but not spectacular) but that picture -- like being in the front row cenre, in the balcony of one of those old theatres from the past, with a seeming 200ft screen in front of you. I used to say 'I wish I saw that in a theatre' -- well now I can play everything from "Lawrence of Arabia" through to "Manos: The Hands of Fate" on this massive 'screen' as it may have looked not in Radio City Music Hall, but at least one of the big theatres (and if you can hook it up and watch it while lying in bed, you've got it made)

I would buy one of those Sony HDTVs in a heartbeat, when circumstances look up. Why is the market declining -- I suspect those who want a flat screen tv have it already -- those who haven't, don't care -- they'll watch anything on anything -- laptops, tablets, phones (until their eyesight starts to falter) -- besides, everything these days is so disposable -- who's to say that the current lineup of HDTVs will be out of date in 12 months?

I suspect there are many people who are just sitting on their hands and waiting -- waiting for either the right price or something that can last a couple of years without being outmoded.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks