What's new

Sony CDP-CX400 DAC or Denon 4802 DAC (1 Viewer)

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
Before I spend half the afternoon moving my audio rack to change the cables which would be a better choice to use. Use RCA analog cables from my Sony CDP-CX400 cd player to Receiver or use an optical cable from the cd player to the Denon 4802 and use the receivers DAC. Currently I am using the optical cable from the CD-player but have a pair of decent interconnects sitting around.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i'm not familiar with the dac's in the cdp-cx400 but i would hazard to guess that the denon uses better dacs.

kevin t

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ken, I agree with Kevin. My guess is that a digital cable would better than analog cables between the 'CX400 and '4802. However, the only way to be sure is to try it both ways. If you do so, make sure you engage your receiver's analog bypass mode when trying analog cables.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Ken, thats a no brainer, use the denons dacs. That way you can use pure direct mode on the denon which aligns all 8 of the denons dacs on two channels(very smooth) and hard to beat by even high quality stand-alone dacs in my opinion..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks