What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Last week, Sonos launched Sonos Radio, a free, ad-supported streaming radio service available to all its global customers. The new service brings together 60,000 stations from several streaming partners alongside original programming from Sonos. The content is selected by a team of curators, DJs, and artists, so the Sonos stations promise to serve up diverse music selections. The ad-free artist stations feature current “influences and inspirations,” according to Sonos, starting with a personal station curated by Thom Yorke.
“Sonos has always made it easy for customers to discover the riches of streaming music services by building premium products that sound great and by giving customers the freedom to use the services of their choice,” said Patrick Spence, Sonos CEO. “Sonos Radio brings together streaming radio services and a selected set of curated radio stations in a simple, elegant way. This is just a beginning as we work to deliver services that provide our customers a better...

Continue reading...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just saw this.

This is a great feature, however from what I have read, the bitrate is really low. I read one report saying 128kbps which is garbage.

If anyone reads anything more positive about the sound quality Sonos is offering through this radio offering I would be greatly interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks