What's new

Somethng that's been bugging me about CE3K for 25 years (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
WHERE did that tall alien go?

I searched on the net, on deja, and everywhere else I could think of and found nothing.

So this thing comes out of the spaceship, obviously very tall. So what happens? Someone in the editing room inserts a shot of that guy with the white hair looking DOWN at it, then there's a shot of it raising its arms, a shot of Neary, and the thing vanishes.

I've come to conclusions about editing goofs or mistakes in narratives before, but this is REALLY bothering me. I showed it to my 11 year old nephew for the first time the other day (he loved it) and the first question he asked me was THAT. So now it's starting to bug me again. Ideas?

Mike

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Re: the alien - haven't watched the film in some time so I'm uncertain as to how the sequence is presented to the viewer. Sounds like a continuity error.

- Walter.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I always assumed that once the smaller aliens surrounded Neary the tall alien just went back into the ship.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
If I am not mistaking, the alien is part of the Jedi Council in The Phantom Menace. So, that is where he disappeared to. ;)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
LOL! Good one, Brett. :D

I just assumed he went back up the ramp into the ship, but of course they never showed this.

Now if you want to know what literally happened to the tall alien, he went back to Bob Baker's Marionette Theater here in Los Angeles. Baker, who is a veteran marionette performer constructed and performed the tall alien seen at the end of CE3K. Years ago my school took a field trip to Bob Baker's in downtown L.A. and while touring his place they showed us the actual alien used in CE3K stored in a large clear tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks