What's new

Some Universal CD prices ARE getting lower (that hot place really did freeze over!) (1 Viewer)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Thought I would give credit where credit is due.

Just came back from Barnes & Noble to see if they still sold Carl Sagan's Cosmos dvd box set (no, it didn't cost bilyuns and bilyuns :) ) & while I was casually looking through the racks near the entrance I spotted a weird looking sight: among all the other CDs frighteningly priced at $14.99 to $17.99 were three CDs with a tag reading $12.99.

!!!!!!!!!

There wasn't a sales sticker or any rebate deals. Just a small blurb saying "NEW LOW PRICE"

Here are the titles and one double CD placed elsewhere (I wrote these on a Starbucks receipt; the salesguy probably tbought I was nuts):

* Lucky by Melissa Etheridge
* Films About Ghosts: The Best Of... by Counting Crows
* The Very Best Of Sheryl Crow by (duh) Sheryl Crow
* Carpenters Gold: 35th Anniversary Edition by the Carpenters. This double CD package was priced at $21.99.

Universal meant what they said. :emoji_thumbsup: What a relief to write something positive for a change about a large music corporation.

LJ

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Lance, looking at cduniverse.com it confirms what you say. Many of the Diana Krall CDs are being sold for $10.50 ish with a list price of $12.98.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Target prices all the Universal low price product at $11.99-$12.99 (on sale as low as $9.99!!!) Now THAT'S a price I don't mind paying! I have purchased more CD's in the last 3 months than all of 2003. They have The Carpenters 35th Anniversary Gold for $15.99!!! Picking mine up tomorrow! BUT...there was an article about 7-10 days ago in USA Today that UMG's profits were WAY down last year (23%, I think). Let's support this price while it lasts!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

If you are referring to the price of the Carpenters CD, it's a 2 disc set with 40 tracks...well worth every penny of the $15.99 I just spent on it!
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks