What's new

So we're thinking about having our wedding in the Bahamas ... (1 Viewer)

Frederick

Second Unit
Me again. No, we haven't picked the ring yet :laugh:. That isn't until March. In the meantime, we've been going over a few other details, the wedding being one of them. After sitting down, figuring out, budgeting, going over the guest list (which blew the budget), we thought about doing something different/special. We're thinking about having the wedding in the Bahamas, to keep it small and intimate, surrounded by the people who are closest and dearest to us. We've seen pictures of beach weddings, and we really like the idea. The reception will follow maybe a month or so later, and then we'd invite all the others who want to wish us well ...
The problem is the dates. We're thinking about doing this in October/November of this year, but I think that's hurricane season down there. I'm not sure, though. I was hoping that you guys could let me know, or point me in the direction to find out. I would think that a travel agent may know, but who needs them when I have you guys :D. Thanx a bunch ...
Freddy C.

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
howdy frederick,
I was just married in the Bahamas this past november, I am not a big fan a churches, I would reccomend it to anyone. We had 21 people go with us, would have had about 6 more, but bin ladin kinda scared them. we had the reception the following weekend. And although november is not really hurricane season, we did have a hurricane come through. So that was the low point of the the trip. I would suggest you get the "All Inclusive" plan, meaning all your meals and drinks are free.
we are actually in the process of planning a trip back, the hotel (raddison at cable beach, nassau) gave us a free three night stay for the hurricane. they gave that to all of the guests.
if you have any questions shoot me an email
[email protected]
later
banky41

SteveA

Supporting Actor
September is the peak of the hurricane season. October is potentially a big month for storms too, but by November the risk is very low. Hurricane season officially ends on November 30th.

brian a

Second Unit
I got married in Hawaii last year and it was great. I'd just advise you to watch out for the noise level of a beach wedding. The waves are louder than you think. It'll be tough for your guests to hear, and the video, if there is one, might be effected as well.

We were married on the grounds of a beach-front estate on Kauai. Beautiful garden setting with the mountains in the background. Then we walked down to the beach for some photos afterwards.

Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

brianca.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks