What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sony brings So I Married an Axe Murderer to 4K UHD Blu-ray for its 30th Anniversary in a release that actually lives up to it Special Edition status.

So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)

Released: 30 Jul 1993
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 93 min

Director: Thomas Schlamme
Genre: Comedy, Romance

Cast: Mike Myers, Nancy Travis, Anthony LaPaglia
Writer(s): Robbie Fox

Plot: A San Francisco poet who fears commitment suspects his girlfriend may have a knack for killing off her significant others.

IMDB rating: 6.4
MetaScore: 54

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: Dolby Atmos, English 2.0 DTS-HDMA...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I wonder sometimes if we’ve lost our way with home theater releases. Is this a film that cries out for 4k and Dolby Atmos?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I wonder sometimes if we’ve lost our way with home theater releases. Is this a film that cries out for 4k and Dolby Atmos?
Probably not. I like the film, but bought the iTunes HD version over three years ago not in anticipation of an eventual free 4K upgrade, but instead to replace a SD-DVD and get that disc off my shelf. I was actually surprised when I received an email yesterday for a sale at FanFlix that featured this in 4K.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The digital UHD is currently part of a 3 for $15 deal from FanFlix.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Fair point, though this title scratches a particular itch for Gen X. Seeing it looking and sounding its best is attractive for me. I have the iTunes version, but if the 4K disc is priced right, I'll probably bite.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I am pleased that a title like this gets this kind of treatment even if it is a little overboard (the Atmos track is a little baffling, but I won’t sneeze at it). I’d rather we landed in a world of “and” instead of “or”. Keep these titles coming AND the ones that scream out for it more obviously. No losers in that world.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Agreed. And no age related artifacts with which to deal.

especially when titles like this are balanced out with the likes of Rosemary’s Baby.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Agreed. And no age related artifacts with which to deal.

especially when titles like this are balanced out with the likes of Rosemary’s Baby.
Did you know that True Grit and Gunfight at the O.K. Corral have been released digitally in 4K/ Dolby Vision?

owen35

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
It's part of a conspiracy started by The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, and Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. ;)

I'm actually a big fan of this movie. Love its silliness and memorable lines. Plus it was shot in my home of SF which looks stunning in the film. I can certainly think of more deserving films, but glad that these oddities get a little attention too.

owen35

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I am pleased that a title like this gets this kind of treatment even if it is a little overboard (the Atmos track is a little baffling, but I won’t sneeze at it). I’d rather we landed in a world of “and” instead of “or”. Keep these titles coming AND the ones that scream out for it more obviously. No losers in that world.
I did a quick spot check on the film this morning. Thought the Atmos track was quite lovely and the film looks better than I could've imagined. I'm no film grain expert, but it looks pretty nice to my untrained eyes.

CC95

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
When smaller movies get "the treatment"- it give me hope that EVERYTHING can get it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I watched this one a while ago and enjoyed it. I did just catch up on the deleted scenes, which were interesting, if not as funny as the movie (except for the last one, which is a hoot). You can see how certain subplots were excised from the movie, and that was the right decision.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
It's part of a conspiracy started by The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, and Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. ;)

I'm actually a big fan of this movie. Love its silliness and memorable lines. Plus it was shot in my home of SF which looks stunning in the film. I can certainly think of more deserving films, but glad that these oddities get a little attention too.
"We have a Piper Down...a Piper Down!!" or "The boys head is the size of a Planet-oid" still makes laugh!!
Mike Myers at his best ans silliest!!
piper GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks