1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

So how great is the Panasonic XP30?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Danny Beck, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Stunt Coordinator

I found a brand new XP30 in the box on Ebay for $305. What do you think? How would most people compare this player to the new Denon 910 and 1200 models? Thanks.

Tiger

2. The Void

The Void Agent

Picture quality wise, it's a step up from the Denon 910 and 1200. $305 is more than a new one cost when they were in production, but with the alternatives now I don't think it's bad.

3. Kwang Suh

Kwang Suh Supporting Actor

Yes. The older Pannys had a very sharp picture.

4. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

The Panasonic RP82,XP30,XP50 models are the best with the sharpest picture. It beats all current available models under $400. I got a used XP30 on EBAY a few months ago for $250 and its great! That price is a bit high, the original list price was $299 over a year ago. But for a brand new unused model it might be worth it - certainly better than the Denon DVD-910 at $299. The XP30 has several features the Denons lack like SVCD playback and some extra menu setup features. Keep checking every week on ebay you might find a cheaper deal. Just a few days ago an online vendor had them for only $70, but they sold out fast since they only had 8 units total.

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I'd rather get the Denon 1600 for the same price in the for sale area. The Denon has better DAC's and DVD-A.