What's new

Single Episodes With Muppet Babies Plush (1 Viewer)

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
According to Oliver Bresner over on DVDToon Talk Message Board...

- Kermit: Daily Muppet

- Miss Piggy: Hyperactivity Book

- Gonzo: Baby Gonzo's Video Show (Star Wars parody ep.)

- Fozzie: Eight Take Away One Equals Panic

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
tvshowsondvd.com recently listed the news item about the Muppet Babies, for which I was part of the group of people who gave them a heads up. Also they mention how a Dr. Bombay on the Muppet Central boards had posted info about it. I'm that guy.

Today I emailed the Betesh Group who produces these to ask about Baby Rowlf and Baby Animal and this is their response:

"You are welcome. Our site will be updated. Sorry for any confusion as our intention was to produce all. Of course, we also hope to expand the collection as well. Thank you for your interest in Muppet Babies.

The Betesh Group
Consumer Relations
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 3:04 PM
To: Kimberly Nater
Subject: Re: Muppet Babies

Thanks for your response.

That's too bad that there aren't any plans to produce the 10" plush dolls of Animal and Rowlf. I noticed, though, that the website says they are slated for Fall 2004 and they are many people looking forward to these two. It would be good if that could be updated to reflect current plans.

Hopefully plans will change to include them as well as other Muppet Babies such as Beaker, Bunsen, Scooter, and Skeeter.

Thanks for your help.
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 12:19 PM
Subject: FW: Muppet Babies

Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 2:14 PM
To: Katherine Trock
Subject: FW: Muppet Babies

Sorry, there are no immediate plans to produce Animal and Rowlf in the 10" plush doll with DVD. Thank you for contacting The Betesh Group with your inquiry.

The Betesh Group
Consumer Relations
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 12:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Muppet Babies

I have purchased the Baby Gonzo specifically for the DVD that came with him. I'm quite pleased with it.

I was wondering if you would be able to tell me what episodes of "Muppet Babies" will come with Baby Animal and Baby Rowlf when they are released?

Thanks!

~David

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
It could be because Disney bought the Muppet Babies, it is a shame they didn't release Rowlf and Animal earlier because they were at the center of a lot of good episodes, especially Rowlf.

Thanks for emailing those people and getting the scoop of the rest of us,

Paul

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hi, it's Oliver Besner.

:)

Unfortunately, these DVD's aren't so fantastic.

They do not have any screen options such as play, chapter skip, scene selection, or so much as a main menu to view.

Instead, the DVD automatically begins to play once inserted into your unit and we are forced to sit through about 2 minutes of horrible previews for upcoming DTV children's releases that none of us posting here would ever consider in our right mind. Finally, the episode plays following the cheesy promos but in order to get anywhere with these discs we are forced to fast forward or rewind which you could imagine would get tedious as there are no available chapter skips to be found.

On top of that, these DVD's come packaged directly in a small cardboard slip so you can expect to have your discs covered with minor scratches and smudges as a result.

Better than no Muppet Babies I say, but far from sufficient...

ChadP2k

Stunt Coordinator
This is a little off topic but is there anybody out there with the Kermit Doll willing to part with your DVD of "The Daily Muppet"? I have a friend who works for a newspaper who I'd like to give a copy of the disc to but I can't find anybody in my area who sells these dolls & I hate to just chunk the doll anyway for a DVD

Ron_Wi

Auditioning
I found the Muppets plush with the DVDs at Toys R Us @ 14.99. My daughter loves Miss Piggy, so we got her. She loves the DVD, hope the entire series comes out eventually in a box set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks