What's new

Simulcasting sucks (1 Viewer)

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
Okay, simulcasting has always annoyed the livin' snot outta me, but tonight it's really pissed me off. Malcom in the Middle is over, the credtis are rolling, I set my svhs recording and what happens? There's a blip in the simulcast that shows about a quarter second of the new Star wars trailer and then boom, straight into x-files. What the hell? If they're going to simulcast, at least have the decency to run what's being run on the other channel. Just bugs me is all, needed to vent.

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
I was lucky....

Although the Fox channel and Global are usually identical on Sunday nights, my on-screen tv guide had a listing for "Clone Wars" at 8:55 on Fox--nothing for Global.

Sure enough, although the Simpsons running on Fox was actually the Global version, at 8:30 it switched back to Fox's Malcolm and stayed there until the end of X-Files....thus, I was able to see the trailer!

(And it was worth it.....)

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
I wish that had happened here. I was watching on the fox channel, getting the global simulcast, and it stayed global all the way from simpsons through to the end of x-files. There was a brief hiccup during the station id at the end of malcolm, during which I saw about 4 frames of the trailer, before the simulcast clicked back in and I was treated to an episode of X-Files. Lame. Downloaded the trailer, it was much better than all of the other trailers to date, still keeping my expectations low though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks