What's new

Shows you intend to watch this fall (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think this is a list of the shows I want to watch or want to (check out)

This could get ugly (the times are within that hour, so some 30 minute shows listed could be in the bottom half of the hour):

Monday:

8 p.m.: Joe Millionaire
9 p.m.: (Las Vegas), (Skin), Everwood
10 p.m.: CSI: Miami

Tuesday:

8 p.m.: (I'm With Her), (Navy NCIS), Gilmore Girls
9 p.m.: Frasier, Good Morning Miami, 24
10 p.m.: Nothing!

Wednesday:

8 p.m.: Ed, Smallville, Enterprise
9 p.m.: The Bachelor, Angel, Jake 2.0
10 p.m.: (Karen Sisco), (The Brotherhood of Poland NH)

Thursday:

8 p.m.: Survivor, Friends, Scrubs, (Tru Calling)
9 p.m.: CSI, Will&Grace, Coupling, The O.C.
10 p.m.: Without a Trace, ER

Friday:

8 p.m.: (Joan of Arcadia), (Miss Match)
9 p.m.: Boston Public, (Hope and Faith)
10 p.m.: (The Handler), Boomtown (maybe)

Saturday:

8 p.m.: Nothing!
9 p.m.: Nothing!
10 p.m.: L.A. Dragnet

Sunday:

8 p.m.: (Cold Case), American Dreams, Charmed
9 p.m.: Alias, (Arrested Development),
10 p.m.: (The Lyon's Den), The Practice

And then whatever shows up on the cable channels will have to be slotted in during their repeat showings in the middle of the night after their initial showing for the week.

MI-5, Carnivale, Jeremiah, The Real World, Nip/Tuck (almost done), Road Rules (almost done), K Street, The Dead Zone, Sex And The City, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I did this back in May, but there've been some changes:

Monday:
8pm: -
9pm: Las Vegas // Two and a Half Men // Skin
10pm: -
Note: All three of those shows could be dropped quick. The Brattle usually has film noir Monday night, so I'm good with this.

Tuesday:
8pm: Gilmore Girls // Happy Family
9pm: 24
10pm: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Note: Only a year or two ago, Tuesday was packed, and I may drop Happy Family if it doesn't live up to its stars.

Wednesday:
8pm: Smallville // That 70s Show & A Minute With Stan Hooper // Enterprise
9pm: Angel // Jake 2.0
10pm: Law & Order // Karen Sisco
Note: After the premiere, I don't watch Enterprise when Rick Berman or Brannon Braga has a writing credit. Stan Hooper will likely suck, but I like Norm McDonald and Penny Miller, darn it.

Thursday:
8pm: Tru Calling // Threat Matrix
9pm: Run Of The House
10pm: Without A Trace
Note: All three new shows look pretty bad, but they have people I like - Eliza Dushku, Kelly Rutherford, and Kyle Howard. Could be down to just Without A Trace by sweeps.

Friday:
8pm: Luis // Joan Of Arcadia // Miss Match
9pm: Boston Public // Grounded For Life & All About The Andersons
10pm: Boomtown // The Handler
Note: I've seen the ads. I know Luis is going to suck, but I love Luis Guzman so much.... Andersons is one I'm interested in, but my brother swears by Grounded For Life, so I'll give it another chance.

Saturday:
8pm: -
9pm: Hack
10pm: Dragnet
Note: Ignoring the name change.

Sunday:
7pm: -
8pm: Cold Case // The Simpsons & The Ortegas
9pm: Alias // Law & Order: Criminal Intent // Malcolm In The Middle & Arrested Development
10pm: -
Note: Too much at 9pm; I've heard horrible things about The Ortegas, but I'll give it a chance.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Joe Millionaire 2???

How can that possibly work... Wouldnt everyone already know the twist from Season 1???

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly it's a European-flavored version where the women haven't seen the US version last year.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Sunday: King of the Hill, The Simpsons, American Dreams

Monday: Everybody Loves Raymond, Third Watch

Tuesday: 24

Wednesday: Bernie Mac

Thursday: Without a Trace

Friday: Boomtown

Saturday: nothing

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'll give Karen Sisco and Threat Matrix a shot. I don't watch much tv so if those don't work out, I'll just keep watching movies or documentaries when I come across them :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am interested in The Brotherhood of Poland NH, but I'm afraid this show will only appeal to older baby-boomers like me. We are outside the magic 18 - 49 demo the advertisers only like.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Patrick, I too am excited about Carnivale, but I am really surprised no one on the forum has discussed this new show at all. I saw a "making-of" teaser Sunday night and I think it shows a lot of promise. There's a supernatural element to it, and it also takes place during a time and place that doesn't get a lot of exposure. (1930s Dust Bowl)

The only new network show that grabs my attention is The Handler and that's only because of Joey Pants. To me all the new shows seem to be a regurgitation of some other show. It would have been nice to see ABC's "Miracles" get a legitimate shot.

I am also looking forward to new seasons of:

CSI
Enterprise
Survivor

Other than that I'll be watching all MLB playoffs, NFL Football and watching Season 4 reruns of The Sopranos which my wife never saw before. Season 4 reruns start October 5th.

Ralph

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, I too am excited about Carnivale, but I am really surprised no one on the forum has discussed this new show at all.
I'm interested, especially with Ronald Moore apparently being show-runner, but I'm not going to subscribe to HBO and have to deal with a cable box in order to watch it. It'll probably be the first TV show I buy sight-unseen on DVD.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Carnivàle is definitely on my list of "must watch" shows. TMN has just started to broadcast the Showtime series Dead Like Me, another winner. Aside from that, I'll just keep watching (and whining about) Enterprise. :)

Surprisingly, I watch almost nothing from the regular American broadcasters. Even though I'm in the middle of the 18-49 demographic, Most of the TV shows currently on the air don't interest me all that much.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Sunday:
7:00
Fox - Oliver Beene: Tivo
8:00
CBS - Cold Case: Preview
9:00
ABC - Alias: Tivo
9pm: Sopranos/Six Feet Under/Carnivale: Live
10:00
NBC - The Lyon's Den: Preview

MONDAY
9:00 ABC - Monday Night Football: Live
CBS - Everybody Loves Raymond: Tivo
9:30CBS - Two And A Half Men: Preview

TUESDAY
Fox - American Idol: Live
WBn - Gilmore Girls: Tivo
Fox - 24: Live
WBn - Fearless: Preview
10: Queer Eye/The Shield

WEDNESDAY
8pm: NBC - Ed: Tivo
CBS - The King Of Queens: Tivo
9:30
CBS - The Stones: Preview
ABC - Karen Sisco: Preview
CBS - The Brotherhood Of Poland, N.H.: Preview

THURSDAY
ABC - Threat Matrix: Preview
CBS - Survivor: Live
Fox - Tru Calling: Preview

9pm: CBS - CSI: Live
Fox - The O.C.: Tivo

10pm: CBS - Without A Trace: Live

FRIDAY
CBS - Joan Of Arcadia: Preview

NBC - Boomtown: Tivo

SATURDAY

8:00-10 Trading Spaces: Tivo

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I am interested in The Brotherhood of Poland NH, but I'm afraid this show will only appeal to older baby-boomers like me. We are outside the magic 18 - 49 demo the advertisers only like.
Plus, it's a David E. Kelly show so after the first season he'll get bored with the series' story arc and send it in some wild, crazy new direction for no apparent reason.

Monday:8:30 - Still Standing
9:00 - Everwood
9:00 - Everybody ... Raymond (tape)Tuesday:Not a damn thing anymore.Wenesday:8:00 - Smallville
9:00 - Jake 2.0
10:00 - Karen SiscoThursday:8:30 - Scrubs
9:00 - Will & Grace
9:30 - Coupling
10:00 - ERFriday:8:00 - Joan of ArcadiaSaturday:Saturday's always been a joke for TVSunday:7:00 - Oliver Beene
7:30 - King of the Kill
8:00 - The Simpsons
9:00 - Malcolm in the Middle
9:30 - Arrested Development

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Wed, 8pm:
Ed

(I'm real disappointed they didn't show reruns so that I could catch up on the multitude of eps that I missed from last season.)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Borrowing Patrick's format (well, changing to Central Time)...

Monday:

9 p.m.: (Las Vegas)

Tuesday:

8 p.m.: Frasier
8 p.m.: 24
9 p.m.: NYPD Blue

Wednesday:

7 p.m.: Ed
7 p.m.: That 70s Show
7 p.m.: Enterprise (actually, the late Sunday repeat picked up by TiVo)
8 p.m.: The West Wing
9 p.m.: (Karen Sisco)
9 p.m.: (The Brotherhood of Poland NH)

Thursday:

7 p.m.: Friends
7 p.m.: (Threat Matrix) - not sure on this - I'll give it another week or two
8 p.m.: (Coupling) - what a stinker!!
9 p.m.: ER

Friday:

7 p.m.: (Luis) - ugh, what a disaster
8 p.m.: Boston Public
9 p.m.: Boomtown

Saturday:

7 - 10 p.m. Nothing. As usual, Saturday prime-time sucks.
10:30 p.m.: SNL

Sunday:

7 p.m.: King Of The Hill
8 p.m.: The Simpsons, Malcolm
9 p.m.: (The Lyon's Den)
9 p.m.: The Practice (at least long enough to see if the new cast works or not)

The only new show I'm really looking forward to is "Karen Sisco". Great source material, great cast, and the advance reviews have been very good. I'll try "Brotherhood of Poland, NH" & "Threat Matrix" and hope for the best. None of the new sitcoms appeal to me at all - I'll check out "Coupling" because I like the BBC version, but I don't expect to stay with it for no other reason than Rena Sofer is a poor substitute for Sarah Alexander. And I don't do "reality" TV - life's too short, and there's too many DVD's to watch. ;)

For better or worse, I have great "show loyalty", which is why I'm hanging in there with "Frasier", "The Practice", etc. despite recent downturns. I can't not watch a Star Trek series either, despite my better judgment...

I TiVo everything (I have 2) and watch later so as to minimize commercials. I don't do cable/satellite, so nothing there (I pick up must-see cable series like "The Sopranos" on DVD).

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Sunday - ALIAS
Monday - Nothing
Tuesday - 24, Gilmore Girls
Wednesday - ANGEL, Smallville
Thursday - Nothing
Friday - Firefly (I wish. :frowning:)
Saturday - Nothing

hmmmm, more free time than usual this year. ;)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Sunday - Alias, Simpsons, 10-8 (tape)
Monday - Monday Night Football
Tuesday - American Idol
Wednesday - Karen Sisco
Thursday - Coupling, but I'll be sure to keep an upchuck bag and some Tylenol/Advil/Aleve ready
Friday - Nothing
Saturday - Saturday Night Live

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
24 and Smallville, and I'll watch the premiere of Threat Matrix and see if it's any good. The other nights it's DVDs, XBOX and books.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
"Scrubs", people. Thursdays at 8:30PM EST. I can't stress this enough. If you like a little bit of drama mixed in with your comedy, and you're tired of the black hole that is "Friends', this comes on right after. Best half-hour show ever. Seriously.

My schedule:
M: Nothing
Tu: Nip/Tuck (F/X)
W: Smallville (WB)
Th: Scrubs (NBC), then watch one and record the other for CSI (CBS) and The O.C. (Fox)
F: Stay in on Friday night? Feh
Sa: See above
Su: Simpsons (Fox)

I wish Fox hadn't moved "The O.C." to be opposite "CSI". It's shaping up to be such a good show (the previews do not do it justice), and Fox has a history of cancelling or rescheduling their best shows into oblivion (i.e. "Undeclared", "Futurama", "Family Guy") to make room for their expanding line of crap. I mean, "Joe Millionaire" 2? Tempation Island--a show that was horrible in the ratings last year--again.

Anyway, "Scrubs" and "The O.C.", which I remembered goes on hiatus after next week until the end of October. Baseball? Whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks