What's new

Share your funniest Cust. Service email response (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Everybody has tried to email a CSR of a large corporation, how many times have you emailed a company only to get a response that completely doesn't answer your question. Makes you wonder who is actually reading these things. Mind you, that most of the time the simple questions can be answered without emailing them but the times that I have actually emailed a question to a company, 95% of the time the responses I get are completely hilarious, like the reader saw a proper noun in the body and sent back a canned response or something... For exanple, the Bravo channel recently was broadcasting last week a bunch of Cirque Du Soleil stuff on their channel. The arena shows and stuff. I emailed them when or if they were going to broadcast Alegria, not the arena show but the movie that was based on it. I've seen parts of it but not the whole thing. So I emailed Bravo and here's their response:
Thank you for contacting Bravo, The Film and Arts Network. Cirque du Soleil has not been re-scheduled as of now. Tapes are available by calling 800-678-5295. Alegria should be available on video and DVD in early 2002. For information about live shows visit the Cirque du Soleil website at www.cirquedusoleil.com. Again, thanks for your interest in Bravo.
Like, first of all, they answered my question as if I was asking about the arena show which I specifically mentioned it was not about and either they are confused or not but the DVD of the movie is already out. On one hand I want to reply to clarify it but on the other hand, I'm worried about what kind of response I will get!!! I've had this happen with many companies that I should write a book.
Jay

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I once sent an e-mail to America On Line asking for their snail-mail address, which was not posted on their website. I specifically mentioned that I needed to send them a letter via U.S. Mail.

I got a series of e-mails in response, with everything from their e-mail address (which I clearly already had, since I'd sent them an e-mail) to a tech support document explaining IP addresses (badly) What I never got was an actual street address to which I could mail a letter. Unfortunately I didn't save the correspondence or I'd excerpt some of it here. If any of you are fans of Jerry Lerman's "Bonehead of the Day" website, you might remember seeing it there, since he ran a story on the incident and gave AOL's customer service department an "unclear on the concept" Bonehead award.

Regards,

Joe

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I am having lockup problems with my Windows XP.

They have this new "Online Crash Analysis" program that is supposed to figure out what went wrong.

After 2-Weeks this is what they "found":

Analysis status

Error report description: auto lockup

More information available

This error report has been processed and analyzed. We are unable to offer a solution at this time, but we will continue to research this error report. We have identified the following Knowledge Base articles which may help you troubleshoot your issue. We will contact you with any solutions we discover by using the e-mail address you provided.

HEY, thanks BILL !!!!!

Shawn S

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I wish I had saved it but I got a letter from MSN (my internet service provider) about two years ago that I was using their UNLIMITED INTERNET SERVICE TOO MUCH! They were complaining that I was using too much unlimited access.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Like, first of all, they answered my question as if I was asking about the arena show which I specifically mentioned it was not about and either they are confused or not but the DVD of the movie is already out. On one hand I want to reply to clarify it but on the other hand, I'm worried about what kind of response I will get!!! I've had this happen with many companies that I should write a book.
Many companies use automated responders that clue in on keywords and send responses based on that. If you sent them a message to clarify, you'd probably just get another copy of the same response.

Not a good way to deal with your customers, IMHO...

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
Those automated responses are part of what's called Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
So much for buzzwords huh :)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I was one of the first to try out MS's 'Internet Connection Service'. No matter what I tried, it always got stuck at one point, so I asked MS for help.

The reply I got back was so wrong that I actually fell off of my chair in laughter. After I calmed down I wrote back explaining that their answer was way off and repeating exactly what was wrong.

Well, I went back and forth with them on this for over two months, and every reply I got was worse than the one before it, but I kept on trying.

Then one day I got a phone call from someone at MS. He told me that they had to fire a bunch of reps for giving out the wrong answers to questions, apologized to me and gave me the answer I needed to fix it.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks