Share your funniest Cust. Service email response

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Everybody has tried to email a CSR of a large corporation, how many times have you emailed a company only to get a response that completely doesn't answer your question. Makes you wonder who is actually reading these things. Mind you, that most of the time the simple questions can be answered without emailing them but the times that I have actually emailed a question to a company, 95% of the time the responses I get are completely hilarious, like the reader saw a proper noun in the body and sent back a canned response or something... For exanple, the Bravo channel recently was broadcasting last week a bunch of Cirque Du Soleil stuff on their channel. The arena shows and stuff. I emailed them when or if they were going to broadcast Alegria, not the arena show but the movie that was based on it. I've seen parts of it but not the whole thing. So I emailed Bravo and here's their response:

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    I once sent an e-mail to America On Line asking for their snail-mail address, which was not posted on their website. I specifically mentioned that I needed to send them a letter via U.S. Mail.

I got a series of e-mails in response, with everything from their e-mail address (which I clearly already had, since I'd sent them an e-mail) to a tech support document explaining IP addresses (badly) What I never got was an actual street address to which I could mail a letter. Unfortunately I didn't save the correspondence or I'd excerpt some of it here. If any of you are fans of Jerry Lerman's "Bonehead of the Day" website, you might remember seeing it there, since he ran a story on the incident and gave AOL's customer service department an "unclear on the concept" Bonehead award.

Regards,

Joe

3. Shawn Sefranek

Shawn Sefranek Second Unit

I am having lockup problems with my Windows XP.

They have this new "Online Crash Analysis" program that is supposed to figure out what went wrong.

After 2-Weeks this is what they "found":

Analysis status

Error report description: auto lockup

More information available

This error report has been processed and analyzed. We are unable to offer a solution at this time, but we will continue to research this error report. We have identified the following Knowledge Base articles which may help you troubleshoot your issue. We will contact you with any solutions we discover by using the e-mail address you provided.

HEY, thanks BILL !!!!!

Shawn S

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I wish I had saved it but I got a letter from MSN (my internet service provider) about two years ago that I was using their UNLIMITED INTERNET SERVICE TOO MUCH! They were complaining that I was using too much unlimited access.

5. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

6. Yoshi Sugawara

Yoshi Sugawara Stunt Coordinator

Those automated responses are part of what's called Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
    So much for buzzwords huh [​IMG]

7. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I was one of the first to try out MS's 'Internet Connection Service'. No matter what I tried, it always got stuck at one point, so I asked MS for help.

The reply I got back was so wrong that I actually fell off of my chair in laughter. After I calmed down I wrote back explaining that their answer was way off and repeating exactly what was wrong.

Well, I went back and forth with them on this for over two months, and every reply I got was worse than the one before it, but I kept on trying.

Then one day I got a phone call from someone at MS. He told me that they had to fire a bunch of reps for giving out the wrong answers to questions, apologized to me and gave me the answer I needed to fix it.

Glenn