What's new

Serenity Charity Screenings 6/22-24 (1 Viewer)

Mary_P

Second Unit
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum at HTF -- or if there *is* an appropriate forum here for this -- but if it's not, I'm sure someone will (politely) slap me upside the head.... :)

Add this to the list of things that don't happen in the movie biz -- but are happening with "Serenity":

Fans across the US and around the world are organizing charity screenings of "Serenity" the weekend of June 22-24, with most events benefitting the human rights organization Equality Now, which works to end discrimination and violence against women and girls.

Each event is organized and promoted by local fans "on the ground" in each city, not by industry professionals. We're currently up to 43 confirmed cities participating in this effort.

Info on screening dates and cities, along with links to more detailed information on each event, can be found at:

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/

If you're anywhere near a participating city, c'mon out and join us -- it's sure to be a fun evening!

htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Mary_P

Second Unit
Just a quick update: Ann Arbor had its "early bird" screening this weekend and raised nearly $1700 for Equality Now! Way to go, Ann Arbor!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I just bought tickets to the KC show here at Screenland. I admit, I should figure out if I could work there on the side, I love that place ;) This weekend Serenity. Next week, early premiere of Clerks. And first friday in July The Princess Bride. Doesn't get better then that for me :)

Mary_P

Second Unit
Events that are doing advance sales of tickets are starting to sell out -- Denver joined the list last night! Some have sold out, and were able to either bump to a bigger auditorium or add a second show; some are just plain sold out. For those of us who are doing at-the-door sales only, our event night will be one big d*** surprise....

Check http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com for current status in your city. It'll take a lot to sell out Albany and Chicago, both of which have huge venues booked.

Way to go, Browncoats! Looking forward to some fun shindigs this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks