What's new

Sears Price Match and WM40 (1 Viewer)

Luke_A

Agent
Up until the 2nd of February, K's Merchandise is selling the Sony SA-WM40 for only 129.99. I went up their to get one today only to find out that they were out of stock. The dude didn't know when they were going to be getting more in, so I thanked him for his time and left. "If you find a lower price on an identical branded item currently available for sale at another local retail store, Sears will match that price." The thing is, K's Merchandise's flyer came out two weeks ago, and I no longer have the flyer that has the confirmation of the sale on it. I do, however, have a print off of the page of the flyer and an enlarged picture of the page of the flyer of the subwoofer, which I printed from K's Merchandise's website. Now, on Sear's website they have a list of Established Online Retailers which says which website a person may use to get a price match. K's website isn't on that list. But its not really a site deal that K's is offering, but I did print the flyer off the website. Does anyone know if they will count the flyer that I printed off the website as a real flyer, or will they say "No, this website isn't one of our established websites."

Dan Hotch

Agent
Luke,
How did you come out? Did you get the SAWM40 for $130? How much does K's normally sell it for?
I planned to get the Sears price match for this sub as well... ...only I was given the OK to get a sub just last night.:angry:
Anyone else know of any other adds for the SAWM40 that could be used at Sears?

Luke_A

Agent
Well, it turned out that the Sears I went to didn't even carry the sub. So I didn't bother with the price match thing. I then headed to Best Buy, because they do the price matching, but it has to be a flyer. I had just printed off the flyer from K's website. The manager came over and told the worker to call K's and ask them if they have the sub in stock. K's was sold out, so I couldn't get the price match at Best Buy, because the rule is that it has to be in stock at the place the sale is from. So eventually, during the final week of the sale, K's got a new shipment in, so I went and picked up the sub from them for 129.99.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Hey Luke ... I'm just up the street in Ankeny and I went in to K's yesterday and they didn't have the Sony in stock, and actually I didn't even see it on the floor anywhere. Wonder if they quit carrying it. Any idea?

Dan Hotch

Agent
Well, they don't even have a K's up here. Makes me wish I was back in Ames.

How much does it normally sell for at K's? I am sure we will have to go back sometime soon to see her folks.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I also bought my sony from a K's about 2 months ago. The price then was $129. I also noticed that sale ended yesterday 2-2-02 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=38731
So I would assume that sale is pretty common and if you wait a week or two it will happen again. (nothing listed in todays 2-3-02 paper). I think non-sale it was like $159. Still smokes best buys 'sale' price of $199.

Jah-Wren Ryel

Stunt Coordinator
How bogus is that, "it must be in stock at the other store" requirement for a pricematch? If it was in stock, why wouldn't I just buy it there for the same price? It isn't like BBY offers anything else of value like better service.

I would like to see stores that have a sale that severely undercuts their competitors decide to stick it to BBY and others like Circuit City with the same policy by always holding one of the items in 'reserve' so that it is always in stock.

They'd have to work it in such a way as not to piss off their own customers, but I imagine it could be done. At least for a while until BBY and co wise up and re-write their pricematch policy to make it even less meaningful.

Dan Hotch

Agent
Johnson,
Please keep us informed as to when the SA-WM40 goes back on sale at K's. The Mrs. is on my case as to when we can go back to visit the In-laws. Sure would be nice if a trip down happened to fall the same time as a sale.;)
Thanks a lot.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Ah yes Dan, but I'm sure she would catch on. "So, you WANT to go see my parents eh?" :D
But keep on eye on the Home theater bargains & coupons. It usually gets posted there. But, I will repost in this thread also.

Tim W G

Agent
I bought 2 of the SA-WM40s the other day for $99 a piece!!:D
I did get the last two at that price. I think they went back up to $149.

MarkMaestas

Agent
Each Sears stores handle the price match differently. Some will match anything and others will only match specific stores or web sites. Call a few of the stores by you and ask if they will match prices from the web. If you get someone who says yes, see if they have it in stock at their store. If they don't, ask if they can have it shipped to them from another store. Make sure you get that salespersons name so he will match the price for you. Also, you can check to see if a Sears store has it in stock by looking at the "store pickup" option on the Sears website. If they say the availability is immediate, they have it in stock. If they say it will take 2-3 days, they are shipping it from another store.

Good Luck

Mark

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I bought my Sony WM-40 from Sears for $129 using Etronics price match. I just printed it out, took it to Sears, and they said ok. Very easy...

Cliff L

Grip
Thanks all for all your suggestions. I was unsuccessful at price matching it at the first Sears store I went to (not only that - they were out of stock). Fortunately, we have two different Sears stores within 20 miles of where I live. So last night, I found out the other store had some in stock so decided to give it a try. I printed out the order page from BroadwayComputer.com ($160.xx including shipping), went to the store, talked to this young salesperson and he PM'ed it no questions asked. Yay! Not a *great* deal since I would've still had to pay shipping, but cheaper than anywhere else locally. I guess the only thing to say about Sears PM is YMMV (Your mileage may vary).

Hooked it up last night, put in Phantom Menace pod race scene and boy did my walls shake...LOL. Awesome sub.

--C

Cliff L

Grip
You should have used the price at www.Etronics.com. Their price is $129.99 and thats what I paid for it. But you still got a good deal. Congrats!
Well...I did check Etronics, and they have it right now for $139.95 but it's not available so I couldn't even add it to my cart. I thought with the Sears PM, you had to show the final order page w/shipping costs - and that's what they PM to. If you got it for $129.99 you got quite a steal!

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Yeah, I got lucky, the guy that worked at Sears matched it without shipping, so I got it for $150 including tax.

Dan Hotch

Agent
Just got the SAWM40 tonight. Planning on getting some Paradigm Atoms for each corner and a CC170 tomorrow over lunch. I hooked it up and I am letting it run at low volume for a while. I can't wait for this weekend to fully tweak the system and try it out!!

The guys at Sears was an idiot. They had to call in and check on the price match. After 20 min and 2 different salesmen they said that the site (Broadway Computer) was under construction so they couldn't verify it. I got it anyway as I have 30 days to get a price match.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks