What's new

Scorsese Storyboards in Taxi Driver Documentary (1 Viewer)

David Echo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey All,
Just finished watching the excellent "Making of" Taxi Driver documentary on the SE dvd and wanted to see if anyone else found the Scorsese drawn storyboards that are show in it as gut-bustingly hilarious as I did.
There is something so marvelous about his simply rendered blueprints for what is surely one of the most memorable and influencial shoot-outs in film history. They way he includes blood gushing everywhere in red ink was the capper. So child-like and terrifying at the same time.
Those alone made the disc worth picking up.
So did they amuse anyone else or do I belong in the cell right between Travis Bickle and Hannibal Lecter?
Dave
------------------
"To alcohol, The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." - Homer J. Simpson

Lannie Lorence

Stunt Coordinator
I believe this is a technique to easily highlight to the crew that there is a special blood effect involved. A quick glance at the storyboard informs the special effects crew that they will be needed for a certain shot.

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
Yeah the simplicity is great. Just like something I would draw :) Dunno about hillarious, just very cool.
Now funny is Sam Raimi's board for the Evil Dead 2 "evil hand" sequence. Great drawing.
------------------
Thanks,
Paul O'Donnell [email protected]
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks