What's new

Scooby-Doo teaser trailer (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just saw this teaser traier, and didn't like it.
They could have done something so much better, but they had to do the 'batman' type of teaser.
Why couldn't they have done something with the gang in shadows or something.
Just for the record, I know alot of people are saying this will be the biggest suck of 2002. But, I'm hoping it will be half way decent.
I hope they just don't butcher it, like they did with Inspector Gadget.
------------------

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Based on the reaction of the audience I saw this with at the "Harry Potter" screening, they all enjoyed it including myself. It generated the biggest laugh in the auditorium than any scene in "Harry Potter". (By the way, that's an observation, and not a put down).
Still, I know I won't be seeing that film.
~Edwin

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is just more evidence that Hollywood is running out of ideas. Imagine making a live action/CGI movie out of one of the single worst animated TV shows ever made.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I wouldn't say Scoob-Doo is a terrible cartoon.
There have been far worse
------------------

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the teaser too right before Harry Potter. I wasn't too happy with it either. I think a full CGI character as the leading star of a regular movie is a BAD idea...really bad. Imagine Jar Jar Binks leading everybody in Episode 1...oh God!!!!
------------------
I dislike Tom Green!

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I've always wanted a Scooby-Doo movie to be made, ever since I was little. Now, I'm a little worried that it's going to suck. :)
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Any movie starring Freddie Prinze Jr. is going to suck, it's proven fact.
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"Let me rest in peace, let me get some sleep. Let me take my love and bury it, in a hole six foot deep."

Rob T

Screenwriter
The original cartoon with the special guests for every episode rocked.
The teaser trailer is more funnier than the actual movie will be though since the script sucks and most of the pricipal cast does as (except for Velma and Scooby himself).

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I thought the teaser was very clever.
With any luck it won't be another Bullwinkle.
------------------
--Wayne Bundrick

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Scooby just looks wrong. He just doesn't look like Scooby. Say what you will about Rocky & Bullwinkle, but the characters looked right. The CGI Scooby looks like a racing dog, or finely bred Doberman. Scooby is a lazy, slightly droopy dog. The CGI doesn't even capture the essence of Scooby. Bad, bad, bad.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Incidentally, the buzz on this film is extremely bad. Test screenings have not gone well at all.
-greg

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Opinion.
I love all the declarations made in the movies area.
------------------------------------------------------------
Yes. You are correct, it is only an opinion. I don't quite understand it. When a person uses acronyms such as IMO, IMHO, etc., everybody seems to complain that a person is being redundant since everybody knows it is an opinion but as soon as you don't point out that it is only an opinion, people accuse you of making declarations.
IMO, any series that only uses one script is bad. If "Frasier" only used one script over and over, I would say that it is a lousy show. "Scooby Doo" is a bad show because it was poorly animated and had a premise so weak, all they could do was repeat the same story again and again. The early reactions to a "Scooby Doo" movie are already bad.....why?......because the original story material was so weak that it is nigh to impossible to make a 1-1/2 - 2 hr movie that wouldn't leave everybody in mental distress?
Some one also pointed out that there were worse shows and that is true but the writing on "Scooby Doo" was bad. I would go so far as to say the writing was almost non-existent. How hard would it have been to write for a show that was a "form" script. Again...IMO.

Hubert

Second Unit
Good God! Now we're slamming a cartoon aimed at small kids who don't give a flying you know what about the script and dialogue. This is a cartoon Edwin, not Gone With the Wind. Scooby Doo wasn't my favorite, but when I was that little I could care less about a script in a cartoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks