What's new

Schoolhouse rock video problems… (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I recently got the Schoolhouse Rock DVD and have been enjoying it immensely. I noticed, however, an odd and distracting quirk with the video.

There seem to be a lot of places where, whenever an object moves, its outline becomes "broken up." Certain parts of the lines tend to disappear. One of the most obvious places is the steps of the capitol building in "I'm Just A Bill."

What is the reason for this? I notice that it seems to happen only on the older cartoons. Also, it doesn't seem like the sort of problem that could be caused by a defective or dirty or scratched disc, so I'm thinking that this is probably just the way they look.

If this is the case, have they always been this way? I haven't seen any of them in over ten years so my memory of them isn't so good! What exactly is the cause of this problem?

Thanks.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Simple: the digital scratch-removal software mistook the ink lines for scratches, and erased them. This problem was also on the last VHS and LD releases.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
So is there any particular reason I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the "Schoolhouse Rock" DVD reviews I've read (here on the HTF or elsewhere)?

The problem is not severe enough that I can't live with it, but I'm just a bit surprised that I hadn't seen the issue mentioned anywhere before, as I'd read up on this release quite a bit before purchasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks