What's new

Satellite Programing & Pioneer 45 (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
When watching satellite programming (Dish Network), should the speakers in use show up on the display. I tried several programs last night, and even though some of the movies were supposed to be broadcast in dolby, I could not get any one the speakers to appear on the receiver display. I have my receiver hooked via optical connection.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Brad,

If you get the speaker displays working normally for dvd but not from the satellite receiver there is nothing wrong with your Pioneer receiver. Both sources are using digital signals and if the receiver detects 5.1 on one it will do so on all others.

Some satellite receivers require you to enable Dolby Digital in the setup menu. My DirecTV receiver requires this or it will only output 2 channel sound via the digital output and only the 2 front speakers light up on the Pioneer's display.

Try digging out the owner's manual for your Dish receiver or go exploring in it's setup menus. Should be somewhere under "AV setup" or some such.

Another factor is that often even if the satellite guide grid states a program is in DD 5.1 it often is not actually broadcast in that format. The guides are notoriously innacurate in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks