What's new

Sanford and Son on PSP/UMD (1 Viewer)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
A complete season for UMD? How much room do the UMD discs have? Also, I'm wondering how they plan to package this.

Eric F

Screenwriter
More interestingly- Who do they think is going to buy it? Do they even bother to do market research?

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Well, I will for one. They also have two He-Man discs coming. I just got a psp so I'm excited to have my favorite shows on umd!

PerryD

Supporting Actor

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

Don't know, I can't find any other info.

But I did find out the disc size, Sony's website says UMD's hold 1.8 GB.

PerryD

Supporting Actor

Right, and at 480x272, the resolution of the PSP is a little more than 1/3 of a DVD's 720x480, making the UMD have the same storage capability of a single-layer DVD as far as movies go, which would be around 2 hours.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, but PSP uses much more efficient codecs (MPEG4, H.264, etc) than DVD's MPEG2, so the comparison isn't valid.

Also, there's been some buzz lately that internally the UMDs are 720x480, and are scaled down to fit the PSP screen. If this is true, you'll likely see other UMD movie players with more resolution at some point.

PerryD

Supporting Actor

Perhaps, but even with the improved codecs, many of the initial UMD movies has issues with encoding artifacts and color smears and such, although some of that may be due to the LCD used too, I guess. But as far as answering whether 13 half-hour (22 minute?) episodes of Sanford and Son can fit on 3 UMDs, I think that question was answered.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Well PSP movies and TVshows are hard to buy now, as those are being obsolete.

But for 2006/07 they will finish the Family Guy sets
They also have shows like Good Times
the SIMPSONS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks