What's new

Samsung TSL3276 question (1 Viewer)

Michael Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
I am very interested in this set because of it's 32" size, squeeze feature on remote, and $499 price tag.

However, I have downloaded the owner's manual pdf and it appears that you might not be able to use both the component and s-video inputs simultaneously. I want to be able to hookup a DVD player on the component and a Tivo on the S-Video input and be able to switch via the TV between the two. Is this possible without plugging/unplugging cables, etc?

Thanks,

Michael

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
They are 2 different types of cables. I see no reason why you couldn't achieve what you wanted. They have always been able to do this in the past and I HIGHLY doubt they changed it this yr.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I would go to a store & check it out for yourself or call Samsung 1-800-samsung. Also I would fight over that price because you should be able to get it for $449 or under. Maybe someone who has the set will answer your post.

Michael Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. The $499 price is from my local Sears and is actually marked down from $519 because it is discontinued. They only had the display model left which they offered to sell me for $450, but I declined.

When I got home, I called the next closest Sears and they had 2 in stock. That's when I reviewed the manual online.

I did run through the inputs in the store. Of course, the store had nothing hooked up but the RF. IIRC it said S-video, DVD, video, and antenna....so it sounds like it should be fine. However, the owners manual shows separate hookup examples of a DVD player (with component connections) and SVHS VCR (with S-video connection), but both are hooked up to "input 2" on the back for audio. I don't really care if the DVD audio works through the TV speakers, but I want to be able to watch Tivo without the receiver.

Anyone out there with this set?

Thanks,

Michael

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Michael, Sears regular price is around $520, the sale price on the set through out this year has been $499 & if you bought the set on a weekend where they had 10% off of everything the set would be $450 Don't get me wrong I think the set is more than worth $499 but I just wanted to point out that Sears is not giving you any deal at all. As far as I'm concerned they should not be asking any more than $349 for that floor model & I would point out to them that during the year with 10% off you could have got the set new for $449. At least if your getting it from Sears & the inputs don't work out for you, you will have no trouble returning the set. Let us know how you make out & what you think of the set.

Michael Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
UPDATE:
Well the good news is that according to Samsung, this set will support simultaneous component and s-video connections.
The bad news is that I cannot find any store in my area with any left in stock. :angry: :angry: I don't mind waiting a little bit for the replacement model, but I am a bit concerned that the squeeze button on the remote may be disappearing on the new models (see this thread).
Do you think Sears will haggle with me on the floor model? Does anyone know if the full manufacturers warranty will apply to a floor model or if their 30 day return is accepted?
Thanks,
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks