What's new

Samsung DLP Placement help ?? (1 Viewer)

Stewart S

Auditioning
Hi Everyone. I just bought a HLN507W. Building a new family room and getting ready to get my cabiniet guy going. I have designed the cabinet that this TV is going to sit on at a height of 24 inches. The samsung stand that they sell for this TV is about 20". I was wondering if any of you have expereimented with this set at different heights and have settled on a *perfect* placement. The picture defintely does not perform vertically as well as side to side, so vertical placement becomes critical. I settled on 24" becuase that would put the center of the screen at eye level when sitting on the sofa. Any other opinions here? Thanks !! and Merry Christmas.

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Nore more than 3 feet from the ground and you should be perfectly fine. I've got mine a tad bit too high right now, but the quality is hardly effected. You want to make sure when building the cabinet you have plenty, I mean PLENTY of ventilation for that lamp. Also make sure you wires are able to run as straight as possible. Let me know what you think of the TV. I've enjoyed mine so far.

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Another good point by Dean...I'm wanting to get the stand that they make for the TV. Beautiful looking too!

Stewart S

Auditioning
yeah, I've had the tv for over a month now and love it. I've experimented a little in the service menu to dial the gamma down a bit and tone the green push a little. It's a pretty incredible picture for the price, that's for sure. I think I'm gonna stick with the 24" high cabinet. That will put the eye level to the center of the screen at 42" . I think that's a good number. This is about 4" higher than the factory stand. wish me luck. And yes, my area for the set will allow plenty of ventilation all around for the set.

Stewart S

Auditioning
lowered the G-offset a tad. you can find some great tips about the at the hometheaterspot.com site and also the avs.com site.

good luck

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
Hi you DLP owners, can you tell me how SD TV signals look on your TV? I keep hearing that SD looks very bad with a DLP display. I'll checking it out in person next week.
Thanks!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks